1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I am Ashamed.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Joeexplorer, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Joeexplorer

Joeexplorer Chieftain

Now I have sunk to the lowest of low.

I started my game (Warlord level now) went one turn.

I then enter World Builder to see if stone and marble are nearby. Yep.

I then look at my opponents starting location to get bead on them. Yep
    (I'm playing against 10 opp).

I look at the closest 3 opp to see if it reasonable to rush them. Yep.

Voila. Now I have a clear path to victory.

Here's the lowest point. In my recenet game I reentered World Builder and instead of rushing the 3 closet opp I just deleted them off the face of the earth.

I am soooooooooo ashamed. But I played it out anyway.

2. desemondez

desemondez Trance Addict

You must be the epitome of " Do whatever it takes to win ".

3. Enigma256

Enigma256 Warlord

i sometimes also do that :D

but hey, as long as i'm having fun... :D

4. Bast

Bast Protector of Cats

This just reminded me of the Christina Aguilera song: Beautiful.

5. Naismith

Naismith Prince

Ok, that's pretty low. But I think I can help you sink even lower. For each new city you found or conquer, reward yourself by going into WorldBuilder and adding the resource of your choice to any city. Also add rivers for more commerce, etc. If you're short on workers, it's ok to add roads as well.

But common, at least have the self respect to cheat on a higher level than Warlord! :lol:

6. Bast

Bast Protector of Cats

Joe, sing the chorus with me. Come on:

7. Gre_Magus

Gre_Magus Manet

Hey, it's a game and it's supposed to be fun - so, do what ever you want with it! Go nuts with the world builder!

But don't forget that sometimes a challenge is fun too! ;)

8. Crighton

Crighton Emperor

It's the AI's fault for not doing the same thing, their lack of audacity doomed them to the rubbish heap, lazy sods i say.

9. Joeexplorer

Joeexplorer Chieftain

I watched "3 Rue" something, this morning with Jimmny Cagne. He was an American spy training new spies for WW II. He said there's now so such thing as fair play, no such thing as playing by the rules, you can throw all of that stuff out the window. This is War.

I guess I took him toooo literally.:lol:

I blame my low life existance on the movie industry...:lol:

10. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Chieftain

I'd pay good money to have a mod where the AI can use worldbuilder ;) First one to spam nine trillion nukes wins!

11. eewallace

eewallace King

I actually could have sworn in one of my games that the AI did just that (used worldbuilder, I mean--not spammed nukes...). I spotted a gem mine sitting on a hill practically on the north pole, with no jungles anywhere near. I later realized, though, that there is a random chance of gems suddenly springing up out of any working mine, even if they couldn't have appeared there initially.

12. Lacaixa

Lacaixa Warlord

I told my eight year old son NEVER to go on Worldbuilder because it's cheating and would ultimately ruin the game for him. I had to quickly press the reset button on the PC the other day when I was on Worldbuilder (trying to correct an error you understand) and he came into my office. I feel so ashamed. :blush:

13. axident

axident Emperor

It's okay. I bet you never had a dad who told you to NEVER go on Worldbuilder. ;)

14. Ball Lightning

Ball Lightning www.sporedum.net

15. Transkar

Transkar Chieftain

I use it for a certain game. 18 civs, 2 teams, 2 continents. I then create a 1 x 1 land bridge and always war. 9 on 9 its pretty fun, everyone dies on the bridge.

16. ShunNakamura

ShunNakamura Warlord

I once used the world builder to add some resources to make everyone's capitals 'SUPER Cities'. In addition I added barbarian 'Kingdoms' to island chains off the side of continents. I gave them a horrendous unit number. Those cities were very rich seafood wise[good GP farms], but taking them without modern weapons would be a pain. I also gave them bombers to help blast early transports.

I learned a hard lesson. Barbarian bombers can apparently bomb through the great wall :(.... my poor poor farms.

17. L4zXX0r

L4zXX0r Warlord

And someone called me a cheater for using regenerate map. At least you had fun.

18. Soneji

Soneji Prince and Great Steward

With warlords I used to use worldbuilder to scout out my first 500 year plan. Only because that game seemed hell bent on giving you the crappest starts possible, ie tundra costal starts continiously.

BtS does seem to give fairer starts to the human, so don't feel the need to anymore.

Still regenerate starts I don't like the look of though. But it no longer takes an hour and a half to find a start that I would want to play.

19. qwertz

qwertz Prince

it is cheating, but sometimes when you are in a bad situation , it's just too easy to press ctrl+W :D

20. Spearthrower

Spearthrower Thrower of spears

No one called you a cheater.....

Is the OP cheating? Yes of course he is - intentionally manipulating elements outside of the game rules to detract from his enemies and boost his potential - of course that's cheating.... is that a value judgement? No it isn't! :goodjob:

Do whatever floats your boat - it's an SP game and you have only yourself to decide the limits of what is acceptable or not.

If you want to stop, there's an option at the start to check to ensure you can't alter the flow of the game outside of the game mechanics. I use it to remove any such temptation for me too! ;)