1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I am disappointed in Firaxis and feel betrayed By Elizabeth/Greg

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Calbrenar, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Iceciro

Iceciro Special Ability: Decimate

I knew the animations and save games wouldn't be possible before the game came out.

If I could have known this, so could you. You've no right to be incensed just because you didn't do your research before buying a product.

However, it does suck and they need to fix both of these. :smoke:

2. Hank Fluba

Hank Fluba Chieftain

Just a heads up, I was playing MP last night and you have the autosave functionality, yes, but you can also save MP games to the Steam Cloud. Yes. Steam Cloud saving in MP is an option. I'm at work right now, but I'd be willing to post a screenshot later if people want to see for themselves. Just check the Steam Cloud option in the upper right corner of the save screen (hit ctrl+s) and you'll be able to save to the Steam Cloud.

3. krunsh

krunsh Prince

I was wondering... what is ''Powered by gamespy'' ? I though it was suppose to be all on steam server but gamespy show up in the intro.

4. Viatrix

Viatrix Chieftain

Greg and Elizabeth visit this place to sell that game... Maybe they catch some improvement ideas from here in order to increase the sales, but their ultimate goal is simply to make us all their customers.

So I don't blame them. They are just doing their job.

5. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

That was pretty terrible, but it bad that they have a faulty product still unpatched. Yes i am talking about [c3c]. I am still mad about that all the years, even though I don't play that game any more, but it is still a feature of the game that should be working.
    Well you need to do it just in case things go wrong in the game for one player or for the host.

EDIT. MP is the main reason I play Civ, since you get a much richer experience, so it is good that we don't get it until later than the Americans, so we can see the bugs and issue and then decide about the game if it is worth it.

6. Calbrenar

Calbrenar Prince

When were we told that? I was on the entire live stream and they wouldn't even discuss multiplayer. No where on the steam page where you preorder did it say, "Oh btw standard functionality that has been in 99% of multiplayer games since 1996 won't be here. Be ware if you plan on playing more than one game"

Also there are myriad bugs. For example in all 3 cont. games I've picked "random continent" since there is no "earth" selection, the game randomly generates..... earth!. Down to the rock of gibraltar wonder in spain lol.

7. Swift777

Swift777 Chieftain

This.

8. Calbrenar

Calbrenar Prince

I tried saving to cloud I wasn't able to load them. For that matter the games I manually saved are in the save file they just don't show up on the load menu, even when dragged into autosave folder.

Its definitely possible I'm looking in the wrong place as I was more interested in playing. I did find out you can just go into your documents/my games/civ folder and save the auto saves related to a game and then copy them back later to resume that game.