1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I Am New And I Need Info And Help

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Napoleon4444, May 6, 2006.

1. Napoleon4444

Napoleon4444 Chieftain

Hello everybody I am new i just registered i do not own Civilization 4
    I do plan on buying it however... I have some questions
    #1 is there an expansion pack?
    #2 If there is an expansion is it worth buying is there more civs and stuff in it
    #3 If there is not an expansion are they coming out with one?
    #4 Is it turn based?
    #4 What woulod you rate it 1-5
    #5 What are the civs in expansion?
    I think that is all please answer!

2. Civrules

Civrules We the People

3. Phoenix_56721

Phoenix_56721 Prince

Civ4 is a great game I give it:

- 4 out of 5 for Single player
    - 5 out of 5 for Multiplayer

The expansion appears to focus on Military aspects of the game which will make the expansion worth buying IMO!!

4. Napoleon4444

Napoleon4444 Chieftain

Help I Just Got It!!!! And I Went In To The Game And It Was Find But The Whole World Is Black The Water Ground Everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But Not My Units

5. S.ilver

S.ilver Emperor

Get the 1.61 patch. The black terrain is a known problem with the initial release. I think it was an ATI problem... not too sure, but it doesn't matter, as it was fixed.

6. AsnoT

AsnoT Mostly Civilized

7. Velvet-Glove

Velvet-Glove Prince

If absolutely everything is black apart from your units then it's possible your graphics card is the problem (check out the tech support forum here for more info on what's required and general help).

But if you can see a little ground beneath your people's feet (perhaps grassland, hills or a few trees, a nearby coast, river or lake perhaps) then this is perfectly normal! Basically your people know nothing about the world apart from the immediate environment they find themselves in - you need to go out and explore, push back the darkness, and find out about the land you live on. You may well find yourself restricted to an island or continent and it will take many years to research sailing and build ships so you can go off and explore the 'unknown' parts of the world overseas. It's fun! :D