1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I apologize to you on behalf of 'Muslims'

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moustafa, Feb 4, 2006.

1. moustafa

moustafa Chieftain

(From another post)

Brothers,

What can I do? Will my shouting to the top of my voice change their long held beliefs and attitudes? Do you have any idea how difficult it is? The only solution is long term.

But that doesn't mean I am not ashamed of what these lowlifers calling themselves Muslims are doing.

I as a 'Muslim' am very ashamed of what happened in Syria and London (regarding the disgusting posters there).

Accept my most sincere and humble apologies, brothers!

* The reason I wrote 'Muslim' is because I believe people should now differentiate between those fanatics and us. I would hate myself when I am put in the same class as them. Hope you understand me despite my limited English skills.

2. storealex

storealex In service of peace

Well thank you. I don't think you should apologise though. You didn't do anything wrong :)

3. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

Why do you apologize for those people? I am an athiest, I do not apologize for Stalin. Christians should not have to spologize for the LRA. Just because some horrible people who have some of the same beliefs do things you are a ashamed of doesn't mean you are liable to apologize for thier actions.

4. LordRahl

LordRahl The Objectivist

Stalin wasn't killing in the name of Atheism, was he? Muslim fundamentalists on the other hand...

5. JohnRM

JohnRM Don't make me destroy you

Do you subscribe to the brand of Islam that rules Saudi Arabian society?

6. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

Far ebough, still the pervsion of one's belief system does not merit an apology.

7. Riesstiu IV

Riesstiu IV Deity

Ok then I apologize on behalf of the US government. Group hug! :)

8. DAv2003

DAv2003 Prince

Actually he killed in the name of Communism.

9. sysyphus

sysyphus So they tell me

moustafa, do not feel compelled to apologise for the actions of others because some knuckleheads feel they want to paint all muslims with the same brush.

You are only repsonsible for your own actions, being muslim does not make you responsible for other muslims. Anyone who may make you fell compelled to do so is a part of the problem, not the solution.

10. Shevek

Shevek Prince

Moustafa,

I am glad that a muslim is joining the debate.
    I believe that I understand what you are feeling and to put this into words publicly is certainly not easy and honours you.

11. Shevek

Shevek Prince

You are already doing something quite important.
    By speaking up you will help that the voice of moderate and tolerant Islam is heard and not drowned out by the fanatics.

12. Moss

Moss CFC Scribe Retired Moderator

I seem to remember something called "The Crusades" What was that about again?

Did that make all Christians evil? No...don't stereotype an entire religion, culture group on the acts of a small minority.

13. sysyphus

sysyphus So they tell me

And thus moderate westerners (becuase their ARE fanatics in the west) have the responsibility to call back to moderate islam to say that we hear them and that we respect them.

14. Eran of Arcadia

Eran of Arcadia Stormin' Mormon Retired Moderator

The Sunshine and Lettuce Capital of the World
    Moustafa, I second everyone else that in a sense, you don't need to apologize. I learned long ago that most Muslims are really good people, and have yet to encounter one to change my mind. Of course, I can understand why you want to say something; after all, what Muslim fanatics do will bother you more than it bothers me, as they claim to share your beliefs; if I were in your position, I would want to say something also.

15. Stylesjl

Stylesjl SOS Brigade Member

No need to apoligise for anything. Personally you did nothing wrong.

There are fanatics out there and as long as people understand that every single ideology/religion/group will always have a few crazy nutters then its all we need to understand

16. moustafa

moustafa Chieftain

John Hsog,

No sir. I am not a confromist believer, rather, I believe religion to be dynamic and flexible, however, people need to have a strong sense of judgement to properly follow religion of that advanced level. In that regard, there aren't more than 3-4 million 'muslims' in the world, and sorry for my prejudice.

Friends,

Thanks for the posts. But the recent world incidents were an imperative to my posting. You are what makes the Western Socities so great, and thanks so much for understanding.

17. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

It is always good to see, that reasonable people exist in all religions. I wish the rest was like you.

18. Jawz II

Jawz II Oh Dear

I appologize to everyone for the holocaust.

my bad. :blush:

19. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

If only Muslim leaders were standing up and saying that what is happening is wrong, but so far we have not seen that yet, unles you are a leader of a Mosque.

20. potatokiosk

potatokiosk Deity

moustafa doesn't need to apologize, but he does need to say something. Silence implies to some that you and other Muslims secretly agree with the crazies.