1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I broke the "just friends" barrier, I rock.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hundegesicht, Sep 2, 2007.

1. cegman

cegman Scott Walker Supporter

You didn't break the "just friends" barrier. You have to receive a "lets just be friends" comment and her knowing you like her before the barrier is fully up. With you the only barrier may have been the boyfriend and then your not showing any interest when she broke it off.

2. dwaxe

dwaxe is not a fanatic

Gratz, you will be dead though soon...

3. Dawgphood001

Dawgphood001 The Professional Poster

Why all the negativity?

Good on ya dude!

4. Bugfatty300

Bugfatty300 Buddha Squirrel

They're just jealous.

5. JohnRM

JohnRM Don't make me destroy you

Cheers!
    :beer:

6. Japanrocks12

Japanrocks12 tired of being a man

yay, good for you!

now it's time for me to wait and pray that the same can happen to me.

7. MjM

MjM Chieftain

8. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Still skeptical about that. I still stand that it is impossible to break the "just friends" barrier.

9. Fifty

Fifty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheat on her like crazy for the next 3 months. If it turns out she cheats on you, you wont feel bad because she was doing it to you. If she didn't cheat on you, you'll feel kinda bad, but that badness will be countered by all the fun you had for 3 months. Plus, you'll feel the need to atone for your sins by being extra-nice to her, so she'll be better off if you cheat on her too!

10. Grisu

Grisu Draghetto Moderator

indeed :) way to go, Dogface :goodjob:

anyway, it's nice to have my views confirmed from time to time :smug:

11. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Chieftain

Hope it works out for you. Virtually all my previous ex's were friends before we hooked up.

12. A1CBOZ

A1CBOZ Chieftain

:goodjob: Good for you man

Actually I did a better one. But I'm gonna go quick since I don't wanna steal your thunder.

I've known this girl since 2nd grade. We have good friends since eigth grade at least, though we never hung out except outside of school. Became best friends in 10th, and still rarely every hung out. Then in 11th, we went out, fell in love and now two and half years later, we are getting ready to see our six month wedding anniversary in six days. :D

Also, someone touched on the long distance relashionships. It can work! I was away for 9 months halfway across the country when I enlisted in the Air Force. It was hard, but we made it through.

Good luck

13. Atlas14

Atlas14 "Sophomoric Troll Master"

I agree with IC to some extent, that you probably were not exactly "just friends" if you both liked each other in that sort of way. But anyways, nice work :)

14. Peuri

Peuri Game

This makes me hope I had female friends. Anyway, congratulations or something.

15. WerBackIII

WerBackIII Jar of the Rotting Brain

You two were friends... sadly you were!

16. Ansar

Ansar Détente avec l'été

Nice to see that the Myth can be busted. ;)

17. SonicX

SonicX Chieftain

Good for you, but no barrier was broken.
    That girl never told you "let's just be friends, i don't want any more than that" ... now that's an unbreakable barrier.
    Now, it's just a pity that both of you waited 2 years too long to come forward ... cowardice might have cost you 2 years of a nice relationship :p

It's not that uncommon for 2 friends to fall in love with one another, but if you break the barrier after she turned you down before, that would've been a whole lot nicer :)

Still, congrats.

18. Hundegesicht

Hundegesicht Manly Studmuffin

@Starworms: Sweet! Though did it end with you two going out? (I didn't understand your entire post =/)

Yeah. I don't know if she ever specifically told me "lets just be friends", but it's what she told pretty much everyone else about us, that we were "just friends." Maybe I'm misunderstanding the context here. To have the barrier officially established, you have to have first made an attempt, and then be told "let's just be friends?"

This gets the official "WTF" post of the day.

Yeah, I'm starting to get the hang of this "Real Life" game everyone keeps talking about. This should get me at least 10,000 points, right?

And, there's something nice about doing it with a girl you've known so long. Most of my romantic encounters (first time, anyway) have felt "rushed", like we were trying to get as much done as quickly as possible. Not so for this one at all... kiss a couple of times, hold eachother and whisper for a while, kiss some more, feel some... nice and easy paced, but getting more and more intense as the night went on.

Eh, I'll spare you the details. It was probably the best I've ever felt, though. =)

How many girls are you friends with? And by that I mean, really friends with for the sake of friendship, not just because you're hoping to get laid? I think there's a difference between actual friends and girls who're just trying to avoid you politely...

I don't know if it's impossible, but it did take me 23 years before my first successful attempt, so it's certainly not easy. Don't give up!

:lol: Spoken like an old player. More seriously, every time I think back on that night now, I don't really think anyone else will satisfy, so I'll wait. If she doesn't, it'll be alright with me, though. Just so long as she doesn't bring anyone back with her...

@A1CBOZ: Righteous!

Eh, wouldn't call it cowardice, I have no problem asking girls out. More of not wanting to hurt her or her boyfriend (who's a good friend of mine as well), and being convinced she didn't like me. (turned out she was as good at hiding her feelings as I was)

I'm going to see her again tonight (she leaves Thursday), we've got to make up for 5 years in 4 days. Wish me luck! :)

Also, any other success stories appreciated!

19. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Other people have better social skills than you so for them it isn't impossible.

@Hund- yeah you pretty much have to be shot down in many peoples eyes for it to 'just be friends' but to me, knowing a girl for 5 years sorta implies that you are friends...

20. Eukaryote

Eukaryote Chieftain

:lol: Agreed!

Anyway, I think that there is no magic barrier about being "just friends," but if a girl doesn't like you in that way at first, she probably never will, but you'll probably end up as friends anyway.