i built the mercurian gate and basium didnt show up

ash874

Warlord
i turned good and built it. is this a bug? maybe its because i play on 35 players?

If you're playing with the maximum number of players the game supports, then it can't add any more players unless one of them dies, presumably. I'd need to test this out for myself, though.

you are right i do play on 35 players but we are about 20 left at the time. i have the save in the turn before i build it. if anyone wants to check

btw:compact NOT enforced

I've never played with 35 players... sounds like fun...and it would probably be hard to get a humongous empire... I really want to try it out, now...

you are right i do play on 35 players but we are about 20 left at the time. i have the save in the turn before i build it. if anyone wants to check

btw:compact NOT enforced

Yeah, its because it couldnt add a new player to the game.

So the game isn't freeing up a player slot when someone kicks the bucket? That could almost be considered a bug, I think. It might end up looking a bit strange on the power charts, though, I guess.

I believe the maximum number of players that may be in the game is hardcoded to 35 (in FfH, it is lower in normal BtS) in the DLL, so the computer cannot add another slot beyond that in mid game. Kael had changed it to 40 (I think) shortly after BtS made it possible for modders to change this, but he reduced it since (at the time, before introducing Minor leaders) having more than 35 players would require duplicate leaders be in the game at the same time. I'd recommend increasing the limit again.

I just remembered one time several version back when I liberated a colony after killing off a civ, and the new civ/leader took the slot and name of the old. That Cardith Lorda looked a lot like Arcturus Thorne.

Top Bottom