I can trade with you but can't reach you

bbbt

Deity
The separation of leader based trade for luxuries and strategics and trade routes never made sense to me. Sure I can sell you some iron, but none of my trade routes can actually reach you, so I guess it's being shipped special delivery on your couriers ship?

I enjoy Kalypsos trading games (Port Royale etc), so I'd love to see some more "distribution" elements required for luxes and the like, maybe disappearing with the advent of railroads. Maybe too much micro for most people though.

These leader trades use the United Federation of Civilizations standard transporter technology.:assimilate:

The separation of leader based trade for luxuries and strategics and trade routes never made sense to me. Sure I can sell you some iron, but none of my trade routes can actually reach you, so I guess it's being shipped special delivery on your couriers ship?

I enjoy Kalypsos trading games (Port Royale etc), so I'd love to see some more "distribution" elements required for luxes and the like, maybe disappearing with the advent of railroads. Maybe too much micro for most people though.
I never understood why Civ 5 got rid of Trade Networks...

Even Humankind didn't do this right (they just auto-generate trade routes when buying luxuries).

That's a good point. I guess you could abstract "trade routes" as civilian-based emergent trade, whereas leader-to-leader trades are political and military-backed dealings where transportation is chartered as necessary to make it happen, even if inconvenient. (Although perhaps there should then be some sort of cost...)

Some of the AI's agendas are pretty silly. As in the like X, but hate it when you do X... and then there are those like Wilhemina's which can make sense, yes, but since the graphics show outright offense, it's a little ludicrous to be offended at someone being incapable of doing something (while it's reasonable to imagine getting offended at someone stealing/building wonders since they could just not do that).

The fact that Alexander may deny you friendship considering grievances you inflicted on others proves your point. Domination CIVs should ignore or even approve of the grievances you inflict unless you are attacking them or their allies.

Top Bottom