1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] I can't beat Human Mongolia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Bananapie, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Arent11

Arent11 Chieftain

Which makes Mongolia actually pretty good, because they can "deny" you cavalry because of the danger of capturing them. Which also works well with Keshigs, because cavalry would be the natural counter.

I think it's mainly geography: If they spawn right next to Rome, Aztecs etc. they might be toast. If they are on a completely different continent, they might be outpaced technologically. But if they are at ~medium distance with an enemy in between, they might have enough time to actually build their Keshigs & use them against you.

I really hate this "rock-paper-scissors" civs. It throws off the game balance even more than it is already.

2. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

Have you tried Aztecs? Basically produce nothing but eagle warriors and rush the nearest target. Get builder, trigger agoge. Take first city, (or CS) produce nothing but eagles... kill stuff, get builders, and chop out more eagles... by the time your opponent gets to Keshig (and for the most part, he should only get +3 from starting the trade route... you shouldn't be giving him any delegations/embassies), you should've conquered a good portion of the AI yourself and have ~+10 from luxuries. Aztec knight corps (close to ~70+ or 80 strength even... you can throw in oligarch legacy as well... and he has no counterpart to that because his units are ranged) should be fine against them.