I can't build the Ironworks!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Buecephalus, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Buecephalus

Buecephalus Bolo Mark XXV

Has anyone built the Ironworks small wonder yet? I've played 20 or so complete games and have only even seen it mentioned once. You know when the cultural advisor pops up and says "the people want to build the Ironworks, maybe we should." So I go to all the cities I control and the Ironworks isn't an option in any of their build queues. I know in the manual it says you must have iron and coal in a city's grid but I've never had both not even the game where the cultural advisor told me I could build it! Any suggestions?

"do or do not, there is no try."

2. DaEezT

DaEezT Civ, Pizza, Spam, Repeat

which queues?
    the problem is: you can't rush wonders! So when u disband a unit or chop down a forest to add shields to a current project, you can't don't show when you shift+right click on a city but they'll show when u enter a city

3. cephyn

cephyn Kubo

you can only build Iron Works in a city that has coal AND iron within its city radius. Find the city that meets these criteria, and youll find the ability to build the works.

8)

4. ChickinSht

ChickinSht Small woodland creature

Yeah, I built it. Once. You don't often get coal and iron in the same city, so I'd say just try playing on some smaller maps. You're bound to eventually get it. (And it really is worth it)

5. Northstar5757

Northstar5757 Warlord

Got it my second game but havn't since, (now my fourth).

I't's an awesome wonder though if you can get it.

6. poseidon

poseidon Chieftain

I got it offered once. In my first complete game. But the city was so corrupt that I passed on it. I was also in a war so I needed more units.