I Can't Declare Independence!

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Strategy & Tips' started by uncajerf, Oct 15, 2008.

1. uncajerf

uncajerf Chieftain

OK, I am about to tear out my beard :confused:, as I simply cannot get my Rebel Sentiment above 46%. What am I doing wrong? All my cities are at 100%, and still it suddenly went down to 44%. This went on for turn after turn, with no change. So I made a new city with just 2 farmers and 2 Elder Statesmen, and it went to 45%, but that's it.

It's driving me crazy! :mad:

Thanx. :)

J

2. Freddy K

Freddy K Chieftain

Build a printing press/newspaper in every town, employ elder statesmen.

Or just kill/delete a bunch of monarchist citizens, like a real revolutionary would. Actually just start deleting indiscriminately, like a real revolutionary would.

3. Desert-Fox

Desert-Fox King

Your soldiers/dragoons are tories.

4. Raw Power

Raw Power Chieftain

The important factor here is that Rebel Sentiment is based on how many colonists you have totally both working, outside colony and on docks of Europe.

That means there is only two ways to battle this when you have already maxed out the Rebel Sentiment in your exisiting cities.

1) Delete colonists
    2) Make more towns and get rebel sentiment up there.

PS! This ruined my first game too, I got to 48 or 49% and after that just went downwards due to not having more then 4 cities and an increasing amount of population without the possibility to get sentiment up since all cities were at 100%.

5. Refar

Refar Deity

Btw. Do ships count as "units" in this context ?
    Wagon Trains ?
    Cannon ?

6. dantebenuto

dantebenuto Chieftain

rather than killing or disbanding citizens, build a metrick asston of guns and make them all soldiers. It will work more slowly, but it still pushes the entire colonie's sentiment towards rebellion higher. I got from 40% to 50% in about 8 turns by converting most of my non-profession citizens into troops; I went into survival mode, making just enough food/ore/tools/guns to keep arming my late blooming citizens and make a few extra cannons during the onslaught. worked pretty well.

7. Supr49er

Supr49er 2011 Thunderfall Cup

Welcome to the Forums dantebenuto. :beer:

8. dantebenuto

dantebenuto Chieftain

i can't believe i didn't join a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago. I've been playing the different iterations of Civ since 1995... many all-nighters (including last night!)
    Thanks for the warm welcome :lol:

9. Hangly Man

Hangly Man Warlord

That really really needs to be fixed.

10. Palandiell

Palandiell Chieftain

wait, so when you declare independence, they join the king???

11. Flak509

Flak509 Warlord

no they dont join the king, but too big an army will make it impossible to get independence you simply have to disband 5% of your army to get to 50%

12. Carrion

Carrion Chieftain

There is one possible solution for those in the predicament with a huge army and not enough liberty bells. You can simply found a lot of new citys and concentrate them on liberty bell production. Them empty them out when it is time to fight!:king:

13. Knaken

Knaken Chieftain

In the old Col each soldier/dragoon and other colonist not in a city counted as average % rebel and the remainder % tory.

For example if you had 40% rebel sentiment on average, a stack of 10 dragoons would consist of 4 rebel dragoons and 6 tory dragoons. Although you could not see this ingame, this is how the advisor counted them.

Another thing that they decided to screw up in Civ4Col. I'm having my doubts if the developers even played the original game for more than 30 minutes.