1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

I can't post attachments, pics or files anymore

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

As the title says, I used to be able to put attachments, both files and images in my posts but now I can not.Any Idea why?

Also before the move to this site I was able to go through and delete any attachments I no longer needed from my profile area. How do I do it now?

2. RFormica

RFormica Grand Oligarch of the Hills

Hm, works for me except when adding resources. Yay@.JPG (See? It works! And I guess everyone likes me!)

3. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

What browser do you use? Can you try a different one?

4. Dancing Hoskuld

I was able to about 2 months ago. Now I just get "an error occurred" message.

I use Firefox.

Mind you Windows error reporter keeps telling me that my virus and fire wall etc aren't working then pops up the Windows Security screen which says they are working.

5. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

If you haven't already done so, start FF in safe mode and try again. If that doesn't help I suggest that you try to rule out the Windows error report as the source of your problem. Plug the EXACT error message into Google (or your favorite search engine). If you wish, post the exact error message here and I'll take a look.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Of course as soon as I tried to post today so I could get the error it all worked fine. The error was something like "An error has occurred." with no extra information.

I think I'll just put it down to "cosmic rays" or "karma" and leave it at that.

Thanks for looking into it.

7. Dancing Hoskuld

OK, I found out that my CPU has been over heating. The time it worked was shortly after I turned the machine on. I have cleaned out the heat sink which was full of dust and the CPU is fine and I am not getting all those strange messages from Windows etc.