I can't start a new game!!!

FriskyBuddha

Chieftain
Ever since the patch I have not been able to start a new game in Civ 5. The map loads up, but when I press the "begin journey" button, the game freezes. I am still able to load new games, but I cant start a new one.

A second issue is that I find the firaxis call center to be completely useless! Calling their support line and getting shuffled to their British call center. You can only ever speak to the level one techs! This is the first time I have been told that there is never an upper level person that I can speak to. I'm really surprised that a company like firaxis is running what appears to be such a ramshackle operation. Does anyone know the number of a US based contact that may care a bit more about customer service?

Please help, I love the game and the franchise, but I am getting to wits end!

Sorry to hear that you're having problems both with the game and with tech support. I suggest that you use Steam to verify the integrity of your game cache. Let us know if you need help doing so.

It's possible that the work around I found may help you:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=395999

Basically I found that setting "Leader Scene Quality" to minimum in the video options made the difference for me. My crashes did come a little earlier but that may be because of a difference in loading time (My Civ5 is installed on a quick RAID setup)

Top Bottom