I clicked something and now LMB rotates the map instead of dragging it

Makavcio

Prince
Hey,

just like the title says, pressing LMB and moving my mouse rotates the map instead of dragging (scrolling) it. I have no idea what I did to change it.

How do I revert it?

EDIT:
Nevermind. It fixed itself.
This game... Seriously...

Wait, what? I didn't even know the map could rotate. Or maybe it's just a feature I never use.

Sounds like a bug to me. Last night I ran into a bug for the first time where my available trade route graphical indicators got "stuck" on the screen, even after I had already selected my trade route. Even when I moved my map around, and even on subsequent turns the trade routes were still there. After a few turns my computer hard crashed (I think it was a memory error) with a blue screen (I'm running windows 10 btw). That's okay, I needed to go to bed, and I was playing later than I should have.

You can rotate the map by holding down alt, then dragging with the left mouse button. The way Makavcio described it, it sounds like alt was somehow permanently pressed down.

You can rotate the map by holding down alt, then dragging with the left mouse button. The way Makavcio described it, it sounds like alt was somehow permanently pressed down.
I've had that happen to me in the past. Somehow my ALT button got stuck "on" and I had to slam my finger down on it to release it.

I got it figured out.

Pressing alt indeed allows you to rotate the map.
The alt is "stuck", however, when you alt-tab the game and return to it without alt-tabing, e.g. by minimizing other windows. It rarely happens but it sometimes does in the borderless fullscreen window graphics mode, or whatever it's called properly.
Smashing of the alt key doesn't fix it. If it happens to you, alt-tab off the game and return to it by alt-tabing again.

EDIT
Btw, there are also similar issues connected with window switching. Even though I have the game set to mute sounds when it's off focus, music often keeps playing after I alt-tab it.

holy crap, I never knew you could rotate the map all this time. After nearly 700 hours of play. Or maybe I knew in the very beginning but never used the feature. Still it could prove useful when somethings block what I'm trying to look at. What I usually do if something is blocking is I zoom in or out.

holy crap, I never knew you could rotate the map all this time. After nearly 700 hours of play. Or maybe I knew in the very beginning but never used the feature. Still it could prove useful when somethings block what I'm trying to look at. What I usually do if something is blocking is I zoom in or out.
You can't actually do anything when you're rotating the map, because as soon as you let go of the LMB or ALT, it'll go back to the regular view. So if you're trying to, say, attack but a city banner or unit flag is in the way, you'll still need to zoom as usual.

Yep. It could be somewhat useful if we could lock the angle.
Still, it's quite nice for 5 minutes of sightseeing around the map.

Top Bottom