I could have made a highscore in HOF ???

MRick

Warlord
I was browsing the HOF just to see and I figured that I have a high score on my computer that is clearly higher than the highest score in the HOF :

Look at my scores :

I usually play monarch or emperor and my scores are very low compared to the HOF.

But one day I played a Cheftain game just for fun, I played the Celts on a small or tiny pangea, against 3 or 4 other civs, and crushed every one else with my gallic swordsmen around 1000 BC. And... Woaw I scored 13945 !!! :eek:

This was a very fast game I did it a saturday afternoon in about 5 or 6 hours, So I didn't even save the game at all.

So I'm not applying for the HOF, but I'm asking :

Should I try to do it again in order to apply to the HOF ?

Do you have any explaination on how I could have reached such a High score ? Maybe I activated some settings normally fobbidenn in a HOF game (Maybe accelerated production, I don't remember my starting settings)

The option "Victory Point Scoring" produces really high scores, which I don't believe are eligible for the hof. Is it possible you had this setting turned on for the chieftan game?

You must have - I don't see how it is possible to have a conquest in 1000 BC score higher than one at 3000 BC under normal circumstances.

One thing to note: most of the HOF is based on fastest finish, except for histographic wins, which are based on a 2050 end date.

Oh... Maybe you're right adrianj !

I agree AutomatedTeller, I don't understand how I could have beaten accidentally those great HOF players.

In this game, I tryed some new options, I'm quite sure of that, but I can't remember which one... I may have activated the "Victory Point Scoring" just to see what it was...
That's the option that put little Obelisks in every starting place ?
Now I remember, It gives very high score, I was always annoyed with the Byzantine's very high scores in the "Fall of Rome" module...

By the way, I find this option useless in standard game, I think it was created only for scenarios like the "Fall of Rome"...

So I'm not applying for the HOF, but I'm asking :

Should I try to do it again in order to apply to the HOF ?

Sure! Anyone is welcome to submit. Just please follow all of the rules on the rules page Here and the submission page Here .

We'll be looking forward to seeing your submissions, and thanks for your interest in the HoF! [party] :banana:

Top Bottom