I could use some help here w/ patches/mods

RenegadeXH

Chieftain
Ok, ive been playing ctp2 for a while with out any mods or ptaches and i really want to improve the game play. Could anyone give me a hand with finding what im looking for? You know, whatever patches and or mods would make the game more acurate and enjoyable. Thanks

Renegade:

Firstly, welcome to CTP2. :) Just so you know, there are other forums dedicated to CTP2. I know I shouldn't redirect traffic from here, but Apolyton does cover CTP2 in its own right. ;)

1. Download the Activision patch. It fixes HEAPS of stuff. Available here.

2. Install ModSwapper. This allows you to change the game config between any MODs you download. Available here.

3. Try Apolyton Pack MOD. This fixes the game to "CTP2 the way it should be." Download here and the v1.02 update is available here.

4. After that, you can try Med Pack by Wes , Cradle by Hexagonia or World At War by Dale (me) .

Hope this helps. :)

thanks alot man, ill download all of those. One more thing though, where can i download some scenarios? Also, anyones honest opinion, which is better, civ III or ctp 2, i have them both and i like them both but i want somone elses opinion.

For CtP2 scenarios you ought to check the file database and news section on Apolyton. The databases of Apolyton haven't been updated in a while so they don't contain all scenarios ever made for CtP2, you'll have to rely on the news (and news archive) if you want to find even more. Unfortunately Apolyton is down at the moment but once it's up again, you can visit is here. At the moment the number of scenarios is somewhat limited (12 or so in total), but a fair number of scenarios is currently under development.

Personally, I like games to contain new and exciting features and, aside from strategic resources, I don't really see this in Civ3. The CtP series has stacked combat, unconventional warfare, PW, space (CtP1 only) and undersea cities, etc. Add to that the fact that the CtP series is extremely moddable, so new and exciting mods and scenarios are released all the time. Mods that don't just change the defense value of the Spearman ala Civ3, but mods that completely change the game by revamping diplomacy, radically improving the AI, adding elite or wonder units, pirates, random events, showing wonders on the map, etc, etc. All of this makes that IMHO CtP2 is by far the better of the two games.

Renegade
Yep,
As Locutus says - CTP2 is much more versitile and IMHO fun because of these things. A new Mod you might be intrested in is Dale's WAW - its a bit rough in places but its not even slightly dull :soldier:
Its maybe the easiest/friendliest to download, but be aware that it's not 100% finished - still great for getting into the action thick and fast!And you'll find the change of pace from non-modded CTP2 scary. :eek:

Locutus,
I'm surprised that a few more faces don't show around here when poly is down?Maybe it's their chance to get out or something("er, yes dear that site i visit isn't working so i guess we can go for that meal i've been promising you.....":lol: ). My poly time-out is tonight, time to read a book and relax.

Originally posted by child of thor
I'm surprised that a few more faces don't show around here when poly is down?Maybe it's their chance to get out or something("er, yes dear that site i visit isn't working so i guess we can go for that meal i've been promising you....." ). My poly time-out is tonight, time to read a book and relax.

I guess no one had an idea that you can go to this place for CTP2, too if 'Poly is down. By the way in the last days I had something more important to do: Learning for the Mathematics exam this Fryday. I have a good feeling. By the way here at uni they gave us some cool new Linux computers really :cool: to use a non M$ computer.

Dale again you didn't mention GoodMod, but fortunatly I know it so that the is wonderfull add on for ApolytonPack in now also available here, more Goods beter AI....

-Martin

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Originally posted by Locutus
I'm surprised that a few more faces [...]
He, I never posted that! If you quote manually make sure you get it right! :p

Anyway, good luck with your exam :goodjob:

They got Linux machines only now :eek: Man, do you guys still live in the '80 or something? :p

Anyway, FreeBSD is much better anyway :cool:

He, I never posted that! If you quote manually make sure you get it right! :p

Quote fixed.

They got Linux machines only now :eek: Man, do you guys still live in the '80 or something? :p

Anyway, FreeBSD is much better anyway :cool:

They got only new Linux machines, they replaced old windows 2000 machines in that computer room and the old Linux machines became windows 2000 PCs. But be honest why should I mention this as windows 2000 machines aren't as exciting as new Linux machines espeacily if the old ones didn't function at 100%. I have a M$ system at home, so I don't sit in front of another M$ product voluntary. BTW exploring not read protected home directories of windows users is fun, but actual it is more fun to explore the home directories of the profs, but unfortunatly they know what is meant for the public and what not. :D

-Martin

Top Bottom