1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I didn't know religion war is the best funny thing in civ 5

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by bluefeli, Oct 14, 2013.

1. bluefeli

bluefeli Chieftain

I haven't find fun from spreading my religion. But Now I realized It's the damn funny thing in civ 5.
    It makes me think deeply how to spread my religion and prevent their spread strategically.
    I declared war on a leader when I saw their 2 great prophets.
    And Now I think I find the way how to put them in prison without making martyrs. I hope there'd be no war for a long time though.

Sorry for my bad english

ps. the prophet is coming back to their holy city. Because I corrupted their holy city by my religion.
    And I'll corrupt all their city while their prophet's in my jail.

2. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

I once managed to cage 2 GP between mountains and 3 units. Those were military units at first, but then i moved Workers when i had most of my tiles improved :lol:

3. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

6 units cost a lot of maintenance for trapping just one enemy GP... sometimes they come at you with 3 or like 20 Missionaries. Try blocking that!

This works of course much better if you have narrow paths somewhere and it also might be a very worthwhile tactic to block other civs settlers in the same way.

4. bluefeli

bluefeli Chieftain

Oh That's a great strategy! I'll try that!

5. bluefeli

bluefeli Chieftain

Yes, It's so expensive! And The prophet's civilization broke open border. So It made my detention useless :(. But It was funny though. :)

SETTLERS!! I'll try to detain settlers too.

6. therottweiler

therottweiler Chieftain

:nuke::devil::devil:
    If they mass them.. a well placed nuke could be fun. :devil: :nuke:

7. bluefeli

bluefeli Chieftain

I need to be able to order to assassinate other prophets to my spies. I think it could be awesome, if i can. XD

8. Callonia

Callonia Deity

If the prophet haven't done any converts yet then you can capture the prophet and make him build a holy site for you xD

9. bluefeli

bluefeli Chieftain

That's a great idea!! huh... OH MY GOODNESS!!! I KILLED 2 prophets with archers.. I forgot I can capture them... !! MY HOLY SITES!!

10. sendos

sendos Immortal

Lol...those prophets suffered the same fate as St Sebastian. I may have forgotten the name, but it's the saint that gets shot with about 100 arrows as punishment by the Romans.

11. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Early missionary spams aren't that deadly if you have shrines and temples making faith for a great prophet to finally restore your cities to your faith and rid your cities from the other religions.

12. Makavcio

Makavcio Prince

A standard strategy. You can also build 2 inquisitors and make prophets chase form 1 city to the other, denying him possibility to convert the last turn he needs to reach the city.
    And 20 missionaries are never an issue when you close your border. Just watch them wither and die.

13. Callonia

Callonia Deity

LOL You're welcome.

14. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

Sometimes, if i see an oponent sending Prophets to my cities and his religion has good buildings i wasn't able to get first (Mosques and Pagodas can go very fast), i'll let them convert, buy the stuff, and put my religion back. Works best if you have a spare Great Prophet as Inquisitors have only 1 use.

15. bluefeli

bluefeli Chieftain

Yes, I don't care about that restores my cities because I have a holy city anyway. :goodjob: Problem is far distance cities I sent my prophets or missionaries.. :nuke:

16. bluefeli

bluefeli Chieftain

Wow! That's great advice! Thx! :goodjob:

17. bluefeli

bluefeli Chieftain

Sometimes, other religion options are better in vary cities of mine than my option. It makes religion war complex and more fun :)

18. bluefeli

bluefeli Chieftain

Next time, I'll make them slave to build my holy sites around my archers. :9