I don't feel so good...

Lahdoz

Noble
I haven't been feeling right lately. I'm a little light headed, my vision has been getting blurred, I'v been sweating profusely, and now I think I'm getting a rash...

My boss doesn't know this yet, but it will be in full effect sometime around October 25th! I'm sure it will take me at least a week before I start feeling better, but I'll have to consult a doctor.

We all know how we've been feeling lately, and we all have plans on how we are going to maximize our play time when we finally get our fix. What really are your plans for the first week, 2 weeks, or month?

I know I love to say I'll play for a month straight, but let's try to keep this focused on what we have really planned.

In reality I'll be taking 2 days off of work on the Tursday and Friday I get it. I won't buy it until a Thursday morning to be sure. I'll have a long weekend to play that way. I will have plenty of foods around that require little or no preperation, and will not get my fingers in a state where I don't want to touch my mouse or keyboard. My house work will be done the weekend before, and all cars will have fresh oil.

After that weekend, I should have all mechanics figured out, know the advantages and disadvantages of every civic, religion, etc. and how well they actually present themselves during game play. I'll be OK with an hour or 2 a night after that kind of binge, then after another week or 2 I can get back to my schedule of 2 or 3 nights during the week, plus 1 weekend day for gaming.

I won't have time to buy it until Sunday the 30th.:cry: :cry: :cry: But then I might miss school with a mysterious addiction problem.;)

:lol: Though I understand how you feel; I unfortunately can't call in sick. Mortgage, car payment, and a wife who wouldn't understand won't allow it. It's bad enough that on the day it comes out I have other plans and therefore won't be able to play it until the next day. Oh well, that's life.

Fortunately I don't have any classes the day CIV comes out -- that day, after I pick it up from Gamestop, I'll pretty much disappear off the face of the Earth playing CIV to its fullest extent... I'll only "pause" the game to talk to my girlfriend for a few minutes on the phone, although there is a very good chance I'll be playing the game during that time too! (I can talk to my girlfriend while advancing my Egyptian chariots into Rome, while paying off the Greeks to look the other way... right??)

As for the rest of the week, when I do have classes... well, I'll play that by ear! :D

Good funnys. October 25th, the beginning of the end. I've been working like mad trying to catch up enough to take a day or 2 off near release day.

Methos said:
:lol: Though I understand how you feel; I unfortunately can't call in sick. Mortgage, car payment, and a wife who wouldn't understand won't allow it. It's bad enough that on the day it comes out I have other plans and therefore won't be able to play it until the next day. Oh well, that's life.

You, my friend, need to get your priorities straight. :)

Oct 24 is my b-day. Hence some sort of gift card is on order :)
I should come up with a way to capture screen shots of .5 sec intervals from my home computer, broadcast them over a secure connection to my work computer. Since I am the IT guy, only I would know. muhahahaha!

oh btw, first post ever here. Long time civ player.

zavarik said:
oh btw, first post ever here. Long time civ player.
:goodjob: :band: Congradulations!! :band: :goodjob:

As for me, I might be rolling off the walls, driving everyone else nuts, but, to my dismay, I have other duties.:sad: :cry: (Man if life was civ it would be time for :nuke: nukes!:nuke: ) I'll probably be paying absolutely no attention all day long, but such is the cost of playing civ.;)

I don't think I'll get my hands on it until almost December if I'm lucky. Amazon expects my delivery date to be Nov.4. Then I need to have it sent to me in Cambodia and pray that it survives the postal system intact and whole. Oh, the pain of it all.

Top Bottom