I don't really Care, do you?

And your reasons why Trump isnt going to facilitate the problem on the border? Let me guess, Trump is an evil nazi and everything that he has done was explicitly designed to have a negative effect on the immigration in the longer run?

WTF are you even saying? I mean, we all agree that Trump is an evil fascist. The difference is not that some people don't think that he is an evil fascist. But rather that an evil fascist is what they actually want in the first place.

As far as what's going on at the border, the foundation of the system goes back to the fact that the immigration reform under Reagan wasn't a very good one, and then for 20 years following the new law, presidents and congresses of both parties chose to look the other way about any problems. Then the country turns more openly racist following 9/11, and GW Bush, as GW Bush was want to do, made things worse. Obama get elected, and no Republican will even talk about overhauling a system which by that point everyone knew was broken. So Trump inherits a badly working system. But he did not inherit a crisis. he caused the crisis. There is no crisis other than the one of Trump's making, and of his imagination.

Trump is certainly making it worse. And his reason for doing so is that he is a racist. Racists are not patriots.

Racists can not be patriots.

That really depends on how you define ‘patriot’. ;)

I define it as someone who doesn't &$#^% over their country for no other reason than their own greed, selfishness, and hatred.

Last edited:
So then racists can be patriots.

So then racists can be patriots.
Haven't you heard? Only Racists can be patriots, 'cause the first job of a patriot is to defend White Amercia!
This post has been brought to you by the Bigots for Trump PAC. Make Amercia White Again!

I see your edited post and it makes sense now, Cut.

Moar news on this issue:
US clothing firm takes swipe at Melania Trump with 'I really care' charity jacket
Wildfang company in Oregon to sell jacket for $98 with all proceeds going to Texas-based refugee advocacy group

A US clothing company is taking a sartorial swipe at Melania Trump, selling jackets bearing the slogan “I really care, don’t you?” in response to the “I really don’t care” jacket the first lady wore to visit migrant children separated from their parents.
All proceeds from the jackets, selling for $98, will be donated to a Texas-based refugee and immigrant advocacy group, said Emma McIlroy, chief executive of the Wildfang clothing company in Portland, Oregon.
(…)
With sale of its jackets, Wildfang was more than halfway through its goal of raising $50,000 for the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (Raices) in San Antonio, Texas, McIlroy said.
Keep up, Erika! Not even the Onion can come up with this stuff.

btw Raíces means ‘roots’.

:rotfl:

Check the Clown Car thread anyway.

Being a spiritual dude I choose the one which is closer to the manifesting the universal and transcendental will at any given time and place. More specificaly I will take effective and necessary political action over thousands of half-hearted attempts at unconditional love any time. But who says that political action cant be directly inspired by a will send from an unconditionaly loving soul dreaming about brotherhood and liberty?
If your attempts at demonstrating the universal and transcendental are only halfhearted, I suggest you work at a more individual, one on one level. If you are commenting on halfhearted attempts by others, I would suggest that you re not a good judge of their motivations and efforts. Political action is fine, but it has little to do with the manifestation of what is universal and transcendental. If there are universal and transcendental forces at work, they would have little need for local and national political action.

I define it as someone who doesn't &$#^% over their country for no other reason than their own greed, selfishness, and hatred.

Those are obviously terrible qualities, but they aren't in tautology with being "racist". Not to mean that one who has all those is unlikely to also be racist, but still ;)

Those are obviously terrible qualities, but they aren't in tautology with being "racist". Not to mean that one who has all those is unlikely to also be racist, but still ;)

Racists have those qualities. Pretty much by definition.

Racists have those qualities. Pretty much by definition.

I am sure there were and are racists who are ideological racists, and not due to (at least conscious) aspirations of such self-gain.

Furthermore, you have a double negative in your sentence. "someone who doesn't ruin their country (but) for no other reason than [brief list of vices]". I think you meant to not include the first negative, right? Cause as it is it reads as if you claim that those vices are what keeps a racist back from ruining their country. Which could be an argument, but i doubt it was your own, given then you argued that those vices are the same as racism or what racists have :)

edit: Nevermind, it is 4.20AM here, and it shows... You defined patriot as that.

So only the first point stands :D

Last edited:
I am sure there were and are racists who are ideological racists, and not due to (at least conscious) aspirations of such self-gain.

Furthermore, you have a double negative in your sentence. "someone who doesn't ruin their country (but) for no other reason than [brief list of vices]". I think you meant to not include the first negative, right? Cause as it is it reads as if you claim that those vices are what keeps a racist back from ruining their country. Which could be an argument, but i doubt it was your own, given then you argued that those vices are the same as racism or what racists have :)

Racists, no matter what they think their excuse is, weaken their country. They make the country as a whole weaker, poorer, less free, less safe. That is essentially treason.

Racists, no matter what they think their excuse is, weaken their country. They make the country as a whole weaker, poorer, less free, less safe. That is essentially treason.

I agree that they make the country worse. But treason is defined by the constitution, and claiming that "racism is treason" is an argument from sentimentality. I agree that it would be better if racism didn't exist, obviously. (maybe i am not that woke, but i just woke up, so i think i will refrain from further posting now :D )

I agree that they make the country worse. But treason is defined by the constitution, and claiming that "racism is treason" is an argument from sentimentality. I agree that it would be better if racism didn't exist, obviously. (maybe i am not that woke, but i just woke up, so i think i will refrain from further posting now :D )

You are giving aid and comfort to the enemy when you sabotage your own side.

It's a stretch, but not a huge one. In a democracy, the people are the government; thus, to be so explicitly against the people as far as removing them from government (i.e. the old school hardcore racism of removing them from the country) certainly qualifies. Particularly when we have the 15th amendment.

If your attempts at demonstrating the universal and transcendental are only halfhearted, I suggest you work at a more individual, one on one level. If you are commenting on halfhearted attempts by others, I would suggest that you re not a good judge of their motivations and efforts.
So many Christians and so few saints and the same goes for other religions. I think my assessment is pretty accurate. Talking almost everybody can do...
Political action is fine, but it has little to do with the manifestation of what is universal and transcendental. If there are universal and transcendental forces at work, they would have little need for local and national political action.
Universal/cosmic forces are constantly in action but for expression of their higher forms human ego is the obvious obstacle. And since both the universal and transcendental/extracosmic work most of the time through its own laws and harmony it has to find suitable instrument for expression which can be either politician or spiritual man. The difference is that the later being aware of these forces is a conscious instrument.

Last edited:
So many Christians and so few saints and the same goes for other religions. I think my assessment is pretty accurate. Talking almost everybody can do...

Universal/cosmic forces are constantly in action but for expression of their higher forms human ego is the obvious obstacle. And since both the universal and transcendental/extracosmic work most of the time through its own laws and harmony it has to find suitable instrument for expression which can be either politician or spiritual man. The difference is that the later being aware of these forces is a conscious instrument.

Yes, doing is always more difficult. One more kindness is a contribution.

Lack of awareness takes it out of the hands of the powerful to knowingly act on behalf of any, but their own ego. If they were aware, they would probably take a different job.

Top Bottom