1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't see cloud shadows

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Haig, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Haig

Haig Warlord

I wonder why I dont see the cloud shadows on map even though I have the box checked on Graphic Settings?

Is my laptop not strong enough for it so it's left off ?

2. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

I play on a laptop with a less-than-stellar graphics setup, and while I have seen the cloud shadows, I find that they are less than prevalent. They may be more numerous if you were playing on hardcore gaming machine, but I can confirm they ro exist for those of us without that setup!

3. Sagax

Sagax Warlord

Gaming laptop with cloud shadows enabled. Don’t notice them either.

Maybe they are only noticeable in time lapse? If they are indeed moving slowly, then I can see how one can miss them while jumping from city to city/unit to unit.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Phoenix1595 likes this.
  4. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

is this releated to the deserts looking oddly dark at times? Are there clouds above the desert?

5. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Chieftain

Yes, pretty much. The effect is rather annoying, IMO.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  6. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

Yes, the clouds move very slowly, and are usually 7-8 tiles long and 2-3 tiles wide. They are more noticeable above deserts/plains than territory with features.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  7. ZeroSuitSenpai

ZeroSuitSenpai Chieftain

Yes you can disable the cloud shadows in the graphics settings. It's about the first thing I did after my first GS game lol. I know a lot of people dig it, but I personally think it makes the map harder to read.