I don't see cloud shadows

Haig

Deity
I wonder why I dont see the cloud shadows on map even though I have the box checked on Graphic Settings?

Is my laptop not strong enough for it so it's left off ?

I play on a laptop with a less-than-stellar graphics setup, and while I have seen the cloud shadows, I find that they are less than prevalent. They may be more numerous if you were playing on hardcore gaming machine, but I can confirm they ro exist for those of us without that setup!

Gaming laptop with cloud shadows enabled. Don’t notice them either.

Maybe they are only noticeable in time lapse? If they are indeed moving slowly, then I can see how one can miss them while jumping from city to city/unit to unit.

Last edited:
is this releated to the deserts looking oddly dark at times? Are there clouds above the desert?

is this releated to the deserts looking oddly dark at times? Are there clouds above the desert?

Yes, the clouds move very slowly, and are usually 7-8 tiles long and 2-3 tiles wide. They are more noticeable above deserts/plains than territory with features.

Yes you can disable the cloud shadows in the graphics settings. It's about the first thing I did after my first GS game lol. I know a lot of people dig it, but I personally think it makes the map harder to read.

Top Bottom