"I Don't Trust You"

Lakart

Chieftain
I wanted to warn you guys about a CiV player that I've done about half a dozen games with before finally blocking him today. Normally I wouldn't consider it worth it to "slander" someone but this guy always does his backstab the same way and I feel its unfair for other MP participants not to know about it.

The person goes by the steam name "The Sun Never Sets".

He will start a game and spend the entire game being "passive". Always playing England, he jokes around about people going after each other, captures any islands on the map and offers to sell the cities on them to other players for gold. Trying to keep people in good spirits, he keeps any military units unbuilt, but keeps around enough gold at all times when he can to instantly buy at least one from every city. After spending the entire game teching(and this guy techs like crazy, he can easily get an Era ahead of everyone else) he will make alliances with a few people. After conquering someone, or being partway through conquering someone, you will say something(like you want a particular city) and he will accuse you of trying to unbalance the standing between you two, or say that you had insulted him very early game, or that you can't have the entire map. He burns every city he captures by the way, so while you try to convince him to give you the city he will be quiety razing it to the ground, and claiming that he "can't stop it this turn" if you ask him to stop and repeatedly saying "I do everything for you why don't you trust me?". After razing a city that you wanted particularly, or taking a resource, or insisting that you don't help at all, he will either surround your nearest city with units, nuke it, or start killing all your military units.

This is a perfectly valid tactic of course, it is just a very unfriendly way to play a game of CiV, especially one that has been going for over 6 hours and long past 300 turns. I make this post to warn all of you just in case you end up in a game with him.

I have played 6 games with "The Sun Never Sets" and except for one in which he was eliminated early, and another in which I was(even though I was later told it DID end this way), all of them have ended this way.

So he plays the game the way he wants? And you dedicated an entire thread to "warning" people? At first I thought you were warning people about a cheater or quitter that would make sense. But sorry, complaining that a player plays an FFA his way is rather dumb, IMHO. If you don't like players with this style of play, host your own game and make custons rules for it to discourage back stabbers etc. Otherwise it is everything goes....

CS

I say in the post that I know its a valid style of play?

I just feel people should have the option of knowing a certain person will play this style very often and it will certainly piss some people off?

There isn't anything wrong with letting people know that a certain person will play a certain way that would piss plenty of people off?

I like the sound of this guy, seems to me like he's a guy who plays a game.

I would love to play with this guy. So long as he is not rude or insulting, he sounds like a great player to play with.

Sry to say it the "true" way - but - regarding the fact that 95% of FFA players are trash anyway - why d you not just kill him or any other player and therefore dominating the game and playing YOUR game instead of his?

By the way, which region do you and 'The sun never sets' play?

I don't even play mplayer, but this is exactly what I would expect from it if I was to try it out. Sounds like a normal human player to me.

No offense to the thread creator of course, as I cede your point on your right to warn others.

This fella sounds fair enough to me. What I would like to hear about is people who go into a game an ffa game, and gang up on other players from the start. That annoys me a bit. Used to get it in Civ4 as well, where they would take it in turns to win the games.

Top Bottom