1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I Feel Lucky Tonight! Help Guide My Immortal Sal

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Gwaja, Mar 12, 2011.

1. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

I'm leaning toward Marble now as well. My main concern was food, and it's still not great in that regard, but manageable. It will get you off to a good start production and beaker wise.

2. Gwaja

Gwaja King

Sorry guys... got a call to go out for some beer. ^_^

It seems heavily in favor of settling on the marble. I rather like it actually... 3 hammer city tile with gold, and that sugar tile is nice.

I am gonna take small baby steps here, because I am afraid of Immortal. ^_^ I hope that I do indeed get lucky with this game though.

Quick reply @ Lymond:

I swear I never made it really clear on that subject. How anyone really guessed it is really beyond me. ^_^ Thanks for the big welcome!

To AbsoluteZero and TheMeInTeam:

I know you guys want to do a video on this one... don't you? It's ONLY Immortal for you Deity players, but still. ^_^

Now if there is a jumbo tile nearby, I am itching to do an elepult rush. AZ's videos have taught me quite a bit about early warmongering.

3. Mylene

Mylene Deity

:D Gwaia, oh i have some funny stories about that topic.
    Some guys in Everquest (yip i still play that dino of a game) didn't believe me when i told them iam really a female, not just a guy with a female toon as it is pretty common there.
    It was like...yeaaa right, a girl doesn't play like that...!
    That makes it even more fun thou ;-p
    P.S. i was 90% sure you are female too ;)

4. lymond

:bowdown: before the awesome female civvers!

Sometimes it actually comes out with subtlety in the writing style, but you had me fooled for some time, Gwaja :)

5. Gwaja

Gwaja King

I never got to play EQ1, but I did play EQ2 for about 2 years I think. I was more into Dark Age of Camelot, Star Wars Galaxies (until that infamous New Player Experience garbage that destroyed the game), and Lineage 2... and many others. I am rather surprised though that EQ1 is still alive and kicking!

I think it was kinda same way though since I was a pretty mean player in PvP. It wasn't until I got on Ventrillo that I made it quite clear as to what I am.

I still wonder though how in the world anyone can possibly figure this out with only my wall of text to go by? It surely cannot be just my avatar picture!

My writing style? I hope it isn't boring. ^_^

6. TCMIV

TCMIV Barış Manço

I'm pretty sure it's the use of "^_^"

;)

7. Gwaja

Gwaja King

Oh....

The reason for using that symbol is to replace the regular smiley :) which counts toward image limit of 30 in one post. I always hit the image limit when I am posting screen shots, and it's been a habit of mine using that ever since getting into online RPGs.

8. lymond

It's very manly :lol: ...jk Your writing is effervescent! :)

9. TCMIV

TCMIV Barış Manço

Maybe guys use that too, idk!

I'm just usually closer to :mad: while civing

10. Gwaja

Gwaja King

Thank you! ^_^ I am sure it isn't as great as Sisiutil and MadScientist, but I try.

Before registering on this forum, I was lurking here for quite a bit and read a lot of their write ups. They feel like reading a story book! ^_^

I was just watching the latest video put up by TMIT earlier this morning, and what happened to his 2nd city would really make me go into the :mad: mode myself. Most of the time though, I am always :) playing my Civ 4. It's a godsend that I can play this game on my laptop! ^_^

11. lymond

^^^that was classic. I woulda raged quit instantly. Props to TMIT for sticking out successfully.

12. Mylene

Mylene Deity

Isn't it funny how Civ plays tricks with your mind ;)
    It is the only game i love in single player, there have been other great strategy games like homm3, but i had to play it online.

@Gwaja yip EQ1 is still going strong among it's fellowship, the raids are just so good.
    It's the reason why i don't play much here, we raid 5 days a week :)
    Daoc was great, specially the ambience like the night sky. I miss that game a bit, like Vanguard.

13. Gwaja

Gwaja King

I got into Heroes of Might and Magic games from the 1st game in the series, and I actually loved HoMM2 and 3. I can't find my copy though... ㅠ.ㅠ

I heard lot of great things about raids in EQ1. World of Warcraft was also pretty heavy on raids as well, and I liked their dungeons... but I didn't play it for long.

DAoC was so much fun... I am not sure how popular it is now though. I think the Trials of Atlantis expansion pack made a lot of people quit.

As for Vanguard... UGHH! It was the one game that I tried really hard to like... I especially saw a lot of potential in crafting in that game... but the game was so buggy! I don't know how it is now though.

Oh! and how can I forget Earth & Beyond? I rather liked it much more than EVE Online.

14. ParadigmShifter

ParadigmShifter Random Nonsense Generator

Kitty smilies are better than plain ^_^

=^.^=

More details here:

Link to video.

No idea why I keep watching that video ;)

15. Gwaja

Gwaja King

OH.... MY.... GOD! ^_^

This video is like... the perfect one to introduce you all to the world of different kinds of smileys and emoticons! And I am indeed very familiar with all of those.

I'd better shut up now. ^_^

16. ParadigmShifter

ParadigmShifter Random Nonsense Generator

I've remembered why I watch that video a lot now!

In the language of emoticons it's (o)(o)

Although in a much larger font.

17. Mylene

Mylene Deity

I think daoc was shut down -.-
    100% agree with that VG was sooo buggy, but it had a lot of potential and it is a bit sad.
    Travelling in the huge world was loads of fun, it felt like an alternate reality which is what makes a mmo great for me. I avoid those asian games i.e. for that reason, i don't like too much grinding ;)

See ya's later, need to take a nap before the raid ;)

18. Gwaja

Gwaja King

Me too.... larger the world the better! Too bad VG was so buggy. And speaking of grind.... Lineage 2 is the king of grindfest! But I still liked it.

And I think I need a sleep for myself as well. Almost 4 AM here!

19. vranasm

vranasm Deity

daoc should still run, but they are only to 1 server (super merged) though. i was there only in post ToA world and everyone rambled about ToA :).

but with WAR and AION the drop was even quicker ;-).
    Let's see how will SW:TOR fare, but I have a feeling that will be the biggest fail in MMO history just before WAR... as it seems EA has "talent" in this things...

20. lymond

I know why! I just watched it three times thru. Not sure what it was about though :lol:;)