I feel the love

Orion071

Home School Tutor
I started a game with Augustus on Emperor level and I get a nice starting spot. Hills, floodplains, some Corn. Move my Warrior over to a hut and pop Bronze Working in 3940BC. Um, not bad. Revolt to Slavery and keep exploring. Look, another hut...

There's 2 sources of Iron nearby. One is 3SW in a bunch of hills near the coast next to some Pigs and the other is S along the river near some more Corn.

Domination anyone?

100 posts!

Clearly, the 'RNG gods' have granted you maius imperium. Draw your gladius, and let loose your legions on the world!

Could you post a save of this game? I'd LOVE to start building Praetorians at ~3800 BC! (Yes, I know, I could go in the worldbuilder and give myself the techs, but that'd be cheating. :D) Stuff like this just doesn't happen often.

Clearly, the 'RNG gods' have granted you maius imperium. Draw your gladius, and let loose your legions on the world!

Could you post a save of this game? I'd LOVE to start building Praetorians at ~3800 BC! (Yes, I know, I could go in the worldbuilder and give myself the techs, but that'd be cheating. :D) Stuff like this just doesn't happen often.

I'm notoriously bad at saving games. I can't believe I didn't save it at the point I popped the hut. Fortunately, I was able to load in the 4000BC save and retrace my steps. It was only a couple of turns after all!

If anyone would like to try it, it's a standard continents map, Emperor level, epic speed. Here's the save the turn after I popped the hut.

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar BC-3790.CivWarlordsSave
    80.1 KB · Views: 51
Holy crap. thats good. I playin my current and I got no huuts to avail. I would let loose a gold brick for something like this.

Rofl nice start popping bronze working and iron working. Hope you tell us the outcome of the game. Post some screenshots if you can to make it even more interesting. Good starting site too as far as I can see.

Playing as Romans is cheating anyway... :p

I agree with you and I never play them normally. But I'm a Monarch player that's trying to move up to Emperor, so why not make it easier on myself? I just didn't expect it to be made that easy.

I've had a few games where I pop a hut and get a tech, then pop another and get another tech... then some games when I hit up 7 or 8 without any techs..

Another game I had I hit 3 techs in a row from huts.. then I went and made sure that I didn't change difficulty to chieftain... I think it was at Prince level

wonder if this is a bug or something

either way that starting position with those techs just screams warmongering. Maybe you could make a challenge out of this game to see who can win in the shortest time or something

AJK

In the words of (Civ 4's) Augustus Caesar, "Would you care to surrender to mighty Rome now, or would you prefer to put off the inevitable for a while?"

I'm gonna try and see what I can do with this game right now.
I wonder if there are actually civs on the other continents, though...that might take longer. We'll see. (Post no spoilers!)

Sometimes I recieved 2 or 3 techs successively. But not THOSE techs!!! Oh holy crap!!
Gods hate atheists

I've gotten those 2 techs from back to back huts in a very short amount of time as well, but not on that diffculty level. Don't look a gift tech like that in the mouth is what I say.

The rest of the civs in your game should just repeat after me....

"We who are about to die salute you!"

I hardly ever get tech from huts anymore. In my current game I got about 100 gold (total) from four huts one map and a hostile group.. sucky bunch.
The game before that I popped three consecutive settlers, then a worker... then another settler. I had five cities before I even built the pyramids.. My science had turned down to 40% (off-times at 30%) and I was still dwarving the AI in tech. At the start of the medieval age I quit cause it was too easy. By then I was running 90% science and the ai had no chance. Thats noble level same as my current game

I played a Russian game the other day. Warlord, Fractal, Standard, Marathon.
I popped ONE settler and two workers. St. Petersburg was founded only three turns after Moscow. Now I usually play with huts turned off. And this is a good reason why. :)

(I mean, come on. At 10 BC, I was 7 times the GNP of second place, and over four times the score. I was running around with Longbowmen when they still had Archers and (barely) Axemen.)

Play on higher levels. It won't happen again. :)

That is certainly true, except for this freakish game I played on Deity just to see how badly I'd get beaten. I popped 3 techs, The Wheel, Archery, and Writing. Never had that happen on any other level, and I still got crushed on Deity. Now I am imagining if this game were on Marathon, maybe conquest in 2000BC? :lol:

Top Bottom