1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I Get This Errorr Message....HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Technical Support' started by TAJLTDB, Nov 5, 2001.

1. TAJLTDB

TAJLTDB Chieftain

I install the game no problem, but when I go to play. A picture of a castle comes up for around 5 seconds then it shuts down and I get this error message

CIVILIZATION3 caused an invalid page fault in
    module ~DF394B.TMP at 0167:10044598.

Any help is better then me kicking my dog again...

2. Nemo

Nemo Chieftain

reboot; delete the contents of the windows temp folder; reboot; start civ 3.

3. TAJLTDB

TAJLTDB Chieftain

That's what the guy on the telephone hotline told me to do, it didn't work....:confused:

But I screwed around with my computer for 3 days-that sounded perverted...:love: And somehow I got the game to work

Thanks....

4. mucat

mucat Chieftain

Hey TAJLTDB, I got the exact same problem.
    Could you tell me what you did to solve the problem?

Thank you very much.

5. Cunobelin Of Hippo

Cunobelin Of Hippo Site Pachyderm

I've been screwing around with my computer for the last 4 days and no results :( same error. I'm going to upgrade my driver tonight...but all the same I'd like to hear what you did :goodjob:

6. mucat

mucat Chieftain

Got it!! I downloaded the firmware update for my CD-RW Blaster 8432, rebooted my computer. Bingo!!!

I noticed one of the changes in the firmware:
    - Supports reading of data on "overburned" (beyond 74 minutes) discs.

I think this might be the reason why the error with
    :mad: ~DF394B.TMP.

I really hate this, I mean my computer can work with the most buggy games (Falcon4, Battle Of Britain, etc.). However, an useless disc protection could prevent me and other legal users from running a simple 2D turn-base game. Its lucky CreativeLabs update their drivers. However, I guess not all companies do.

Good luck everyone.

7. SamKerr

SamKerr Chieftain

Thanks Mucat,

I've worked on this for a week with about 6 emails to tech support without help. Downloaded a flash update for my CDrom and it now works. Can't believe they didn't document this. Well, finally I can play the game. Now I have to figure out why it doesn't work on notebook. Just blanks out. Anyway, happy camper now.