I hate Anime and Japanese cartoon culture in general

RedRalph

Deity
...with a few exceptions. What do you think of it? Am I the only one?

I do not hate it. But neither do I love it that much. I must say I strongly prefer Western RPG's like Fallout over Japanese ones, like Final Fantasy.

Welcome to the club. ;)

Get off the internet. :p

Some anime is godawful, some of it is excellent. I don't watch much anymore because I've fallen out of the loop and don't want to waste time watching something which the critics love yet I'll probably hate. I think anime has something for everyone though.

I'm creeped out by Japanese culture in general. Sorry Japan.

Hayao Miyazaki, and by extension his animation company Studio Ghibli (rough Japanese equivalent of Pixar or Disney) are the masters of Japanese Animation. Some of my favorite movies ever.

All other Japanese animation kinda sux.

Anime is the reason why we're stuck with the spammy abomination that we call "yu gi ho". (My not being able to spell it is yet another reason why it's an abomination.)

More funny are the people who hyperoverreact to it. I watch some anime, that's about the extent of my involvement with "Japanese cartoon culture."

same here I have something to like in Anime or Manga or Anime Games and something not:lol:

I like Anime Chrono Crusade for example and in game terms Final Fantasy VII,8,12
and many more games for PS2

Final Fantasy Advent Children movie is my number one favourite movie

Yeah, I'm sure the women that have massive eyes, disproportionately sized breasts, inhuman shapes (basically objects of desire, rather than actual people) project a strong, feminist vibe.

I liked Pokemon when I was a kid and I still enjoy the games. I enjoyed Avatar, which was pretty blatantly influenced by anime. That's pretty much it.

Yeah, definitely don't like it

as useless said, it's very misogynistic

Yeah, I'm sure the women that have massive eyes, disproportionately sized breasts, inhuman shapes (basically objects of desire, rather than actual people) project a strong, feminist vibe.

Off the top of my head, I can think of Sango from Inuyasha who does not fit this stereotype. Except for the big eyes, but most anime characters have big eyes regardless of sex. It helps bring out a character's personality.

Top Bottom