1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I hate god

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Stylesjl, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Stylesjl

Stylesjl SOS Brigade Member

1) Wrong
    2) Correct

I choose both sides. I don't beleive in god, and I sure as hell hope their isn't one that would create such problems in our world and then in the afterlife cast people into hell when they had no such free will to choose evil

2. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

I choose neither. What does that make me stubborn :) or perhaps agnostic.

3. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

Of course he didn't, or you could just continue to ignore me.

4. Stylesjl

Meh, That is how everyone else (even most feminists) refer it as

5. Stylesjl

What? I don't understand. Didn't what?

6. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

God didn't create evil and sin. We did, with our free will.

7. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

Ah but God created free will though, or at least realised the pointlesness of not having it? Could logically follow that he created sin as well :)

8. Stylesjl

What i'm trying to say is that free will is illusionary. God created the universe, all the things in it, and hence created the humans. The humans were created in a certain way which made them predisposed towards evil. The humans have no choice in the matter. Their fate has been determined from the very start of creation! That is the very definition of omniscience!

9. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

Well, that's just stupid reasoning in this case because God had nothing to do with the creation. It's like taking credit for me creating the internet because I gave Al Gore a computer, or something like that.

10. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

That's not true though. God created Humans to worship him and admire and take care of his creation, the Earth. They were never predisposed towards evil. With Adam and Eve's free will, humans became sinful at birth. So, if you think about it, you hate Adam and Eve, not God.

11. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

Well, with free will comes the ability to sin, you can't have one without the other, God must have forseen the implications of free will, so you could argue that only with free will is their sin and only with God is their free will. I'm not mocking your beliefs, I'm simply stating, that God must of realised that without yin there could be no yang, without a choice there could be no good and no evil and no lessons learnt. So he let Satan tempt Eve for the purpose of creating a non bland reality.

12. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

God has not revealed why he chose to let it happen. Perhaps he thought we could resist the temptation of sin?

13. shadowdude

shadowdude cynic in training

The logic that you are using does not make sense to me. If my parents created me, and I one day paint a picture, is that picture the creation of my parents? no. At some point you must accept that if the Judeo-Christian exists he is not responsible for evil, humans created evil themselves.

14. Stylesjl

You are only pushing the argument back further. In the end god created all. God knew exactly what would happen (Adam and Eve would take the apple) and hence all evil occurs. There was no choice in that manner. It might seem like a choice. But in the end god knew all. To say otherwise would be to deny that god knew what the choice was

15. Stylesjl

Your parents cannot control you, the enviroment around you, nor see into the future. Bad analogy

16. Nick Garai

Nick Garai Prince

God didn't create Sin. It is what someone chooses to do falling out of God's Will. It isn't pointless. It is giving people the choice to want to or not to accept God.

17. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

You're only sounding like an idiot. How much do you (think you know) about God? Seriously, you're an Atheist. If you deny his existence, you know nothing. God does not know or decide what we will do in the future. He has a plan for humanity. God did not know that humans would choose the life of sin. He knew there was a choice out there, but he did not know what Adam and Eve (aka the first humans, however many of them there were) would choose.

18. shadowdude

shadowdude cynic in training

So are you saying that you think God controls us and/or manipulates our environment to get us to create evil?

19. Nick Garai

Nick Garai Prince

Actually, AlCosta, I think He did know what choices we were all going to make. I think He did know that choice. He is the Alpha and the Omega. He knows every choice that is made before it is even made. If He didn't, He wouldn't be God.

Not that I am trying to argue with you, just to be theologically correct.

20. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

2 Reasons:

1. Moses came back with only 10 rules
    2. He stayed up there for how long? 40 days? He'd be back down in 2 shouting: I can't take it anymore! if He was a She.