I hate Mansa Musa so much !

As a fan/student of japanese history, I'm often disappointed in Tokugawa as well. I understand the rationale behind his behavior and their civ's isolationism, but the facts are on most maps they're not isolated. Shoguns and other war leaders of the japan's ancient era's were nothing if not smart, ruthless, and very aggressive.

I'd certainly like to see the AI, once Japan gets its UU, do a bit more rushing and be a bit more aggressive than they usually are. Not only to me but the other civs.

I decided to never include Mansa or Zara in my games, they're both so annoying, always at the top in every game they were included. Mansa with his tech progressiveness and Zara with populating all the land around you, he's always the biggest and Mansa the most advanced. Once Mansa was vassal of Zara, imagine Mansa popping out and whoring techs under the protection of Ethiopians... and once he gets powerful enough, he brakes free.

It's a shame Japan only got Tokugawa, because I would like to be allies with Japan but it's extremely hard with Toku, so most of the time it ends up him being annoyed or furious towards me.
Elizabeth is also a hard piece of... almost in every game (especially on earth map) I tried to be allies, but she doesn't put out, never wants to give up her world map either.

I agree. I want a second Japanese leader (preferably one with the Cre/Cha combo since Cre AI's typically do better than non-Cre do) who's easy to befriend and may give out +2 diplo to everyone like Zara Yaqob and Mansa Musa do.

Oh yeah and trade maps. I'm not sure why the Elizabeth AI is programmed to never trade world maps (she and Toku are the only ones according to the game code).

I agree. I want a second Japanese leader (preferably one with the Cre/Cha combo since Cre AI's typically do better than non-Cre do) who's easy to befriend and may give out +2 diplo to everyone like Zara Yaqob and Mansa.

A good second Japanese leader would be the Crown Prince Shotoku in the late 6th and and early 7th century. He was the real ruler of Japan although his aunt the Empress was nominally in charge, and he called in Buddhist and Confucian scholars and other Chinese and Koreans with needed knowledge, doing wonders for Japan. Organized and Creative.

Is there a list somewhere on how the different leaders will behave? I mean if there is anything beyond traits, tech, and all that. It was mentioned that Mansa Musa "declare at pleased". Is it a certain trait combo that causes this, or do they have 'personalities' beyond this? I realise there is a randomize personality switch, but I haven't tried it yet.

Playing Elizabeth for a cultural win, I had on a 7 continent map (17 AI, marathon, huge), Charlemagne as my closest neighbour (except sharing continent with Roosevelt who I befriended). Charlie founded a religion and hated everyone else for the rest of the game (his friends on the continent was destroyed by barbs). I feared him greatly for his military might which I didn't quite match until very late in the game. I founded Judaism and everything beyond, and made Judaism the world dominant religion. Huge cash flow from that, nice. As I started to spam others with corporations, he still wouldn't open up his borders. Talk about a tightass leader. Makes me mad! :D Managed to defensive pact with Gilgamesh, and later took him along for a cultural win. Never knew he could that that cultural, he is usually quick on the harrassment front if we're close :)

So, what makes him behave like this? Should I take a history lesson to understand what is going on? Or does there exist some list explaining it all for me.

Is there a list somewhere on how the different leaders will behave?

This is probably what you're looking for. Very useful, really.

There was another thread called "AI Attitude Reference Tables" which was great (better than the one I linked to) but it doesn't show up in the search function.

For the record, the guy holds a grudge.
He's very good at it.
Don't refuse him or cancel deals with him. Since he techs well and trades often he's a good guy to have around until his expiry date runs out.

"wfyabta" ???

"wfyabta" ???

We fear you are becoming too advanced.
It's when you trade too many techs (each leader has a different limit) and the AI refuses to continue trading with you.

IRL? Sorry for my stupidity, but when people use abbreviations, I'm very much confused...
IRL = In Real Life
You're not stupid: there are countless acronyms out there with more being generated every day. If an acronym is Civ-specific then the search function here will give you a definition. If that fails just Google it.

IRL = In Real Life
You're not stupid: there are countless acronyms out there with more being generated every day. If an acronym is Civ-specific then the search function here will give you a definition. If that fails just Google it.

Thanks.
About Elizabeth, I thought of it myself soon after posting :)

Top Bottom