I hate Mansa Musa so much !

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by SheaD, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Psimon

Psimon Chieftain

As a fan/student of japanese history, I'm often disappointed in Tokugawa as well. I understand the rationale behind his behavior and their civ's isolationism, but the facts are on most maps they're not isolated. Shoguns and other war leaders of the japan's ancient era's were nothing if not smart, ruthless, and very aggressive.

I'd certainly like to see the AI, once Japan gets its UU, do a bit more rushing and be a bit more aggressive than they usually are. Not only to me but the other civs.

2. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

I agree. I want a second Japanese leader (preferably one with the Cre/Cha combo since Cre AI's typically do better than non-Cre do) who's easy to befriend and may give out +2 diplo to everyone like Zara Yaqob and Mansa Musa do.

Oh yeah and trade maps. I'm not sure why the Elizabeth AI is programmed to never trade world maps (she and Toku are the only ones according to the game code).

3. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

A good second Japanese leader would be the Crown Prince Shotoku in the late 6th and and early 7th century. He was the real ruler of Japan although his aunt the Empress was nominally in charge, and he called in Buddhist and Confucian scholars and other Chinese and Koreans with needed knowledge, doing wonders for Japan. Organized and Creative.

4. CarlGustaffa

CarlGustaffa Chieftain

Is there a list somewhere on how the different leaders will behave? I mean if there is anything beyond traits, tech, and all that. It was mentioned that Mansa Musa "declare at pleased". Is it a certain trait combo that causes this, or do they have 'personalities' beyond this? I realise there is a randomize personality switch, but I haven't tried it yet.

Playing Elizabeth for a cultural win, I had on a 7 continent map (17 AI, marathon, huge), Charlemagne as my closest neighbour (except sharing continent with Roosevelt who I befriended). Charlie founded a religion and hated everyone else for the rest of the game (his friends on the continent was destroyed by barbs). I feared him greatly for his military might which I didn't quite match until very late in the game. I founded Judaism and everything beyond, and made Judaism the world dominant religion. Huge cash flow from that, nice. As I started to spam others with corporations, he still wouldn't open up his borders. Talk about a tightass leader. Makes me mad! :D Managed to defensive pact with Gilgamesh, and later took him along for a cultural win. Never knew he could that that cultural, he is usually quick on the harrassment front if we're close :)

So, what makes him behave like this? Should I take a history lesson to understand what is going on? Or does there exist some list explaining it all for me.

5. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

This is probably what you're looking for. Very useful, really.

There was another thread called "AI Attitude Reference Tables" which was great (better than the one I linked to) but it doesn't show up in the search function.

6. CarlGustaffa

CarlGustaffa Chieftain

Oh my God... That much? Thanks. :)

7. Isikien

Isikien WHOA

For the record, the guy holds a grudge.
    He's very good at it.
    Don't refuse him or cancel deals with him. Since he techs well and trades often he's a good guy to have around until his expiry date runs out.

8. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

Takes a while to get to the 20+ WFYABTA limit though.

9. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

"wfyabta" ???

10. f35acepilot

f35acepilot Needs to post more

We fear you are becoming too advanced.
    It's when you trade too many techs (each leader has a different limit) and the AI refuses to continue trading with you.

11. OscarWildebeest

OscarWildebeest Prince

She didn't IRL either. ;)

12. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Emperor

"OscarWildebeest" has to be one of the best handles on this forum. Kudos!

13. Mustakrakish

IRL? Sorry for my stupidity, but when people use abbreviations, I'm very much confused...

14. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Emperor

IRL = In Real Life
    You're not stupid: there are countless acronyms out there with more being generated every day. If an acronym is Civ-specific then the search function here will give you a definition. If that fails just Google it.

15. peteraske

peteraske Chieftain

Bah..

16. Mustakrakish

Thanks.
    About Elizabeth, I thought of it myself soon after posting :)