I hate these pop-ups...

Grohan

Bug-hunter
Sounds familiar? "Sire, the citizens of X are rightfully asking to join the Y Empire. Allowing them to do so would make Z quite pleased with us". When I check the city X I see that there are no citizens of Y. In addition I get that pop-up almost every turn (but the city is different). :crazyeye:

Screenshots (BTW I wonder what makes some citizens of this city more "holy" than others... :)):

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
    314.8 KB · Views: 266
  • Civ4ScreenShot0035.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0035.JPG
    233.4 KB · Views: 233
Yes i get these too..

I had the Persian Empire as my vassal state, and i kept getting these popups about cities that i conquered on other continents, not related to persian empire at all, and they wanted to "rightfully" join the persian empire..

Definetly a bug here.

You need to go into the Options menu and turn off the Advisor pop ups.

That's not the point.. these popups shouldn't be appearing because they are not valid.
There are no people from the persian empire in the city, so why should the city be wanting to join them?

Turn them off - theyre cosmetic and have no bearing on the game whatsoever.

The idea is that they nudge the newer player into considering various possibilities. You dont need to consider them.

I'm sure this is a bug - it would make sense if you had created a colony civ from your overseas cities, because then these other overseas cities could yearn to join that independent colony. However, the game considers vassals the same way as colonies, so when the Khmer volunteered to wear the yoke of Holy Roman Empire vassalage, cities on islands on the other side of the planet started wanting to defect from the homeland to join the downtrodden vassal! In your case there may be a further bug - your cities don't appear to be away from your home continent, and may even be deeply ensconced in your cultural boundaries!

this is the colony function that don't work if you have a previous vassal...
in order to avoid some of them you can try to move your capital in order to have fewer city that are closer of your vassal capital than of your own capital

Yeah, the instances of this are just plain odd to me. There's no logical reason why Antium should want to defect...

As far as I understand, any city of yours which is not on your home continent (don't know about islands or island maps), always wants to join an existing colony if you have one (regardless of whether it's on the same continent of said colony). However, colonies and vassals being sort of the same in game terms, the game mistakes your foreign vassals (at least those from different continents than your home continent) as your colonies.

The bug here is that your native cities on another continent treat foreign vassals as native cities granted colony status. It's sort of like Britain turning India into a vassal state and all of a sudden all the British-founded cities in North America want to (rightfully!) join India. The pop-up itself is not annoying, but this mechanic is a bit faulty.

closer from the vassal capital than from your own capital.
This is clearly a bug in the whole colony system that think that you can reduce your maintenance by giving this city to your vassal...
It is impossible to create a colony if you have allready a vassal (you must then give the city to your "beloved" vassal)

I can understand that overseas city may have a problem of huge maintenance but this is actually proposed for cities less than 50 cells from your capital on the biggest normal sizemap... they need to clearly add a minimal distance function of the size of the map (or a minimal "distance maintenance") required to make those city chosen to be given to form a colony...
And make the whole colony system able to create multiple colony
IRL south and central america that was one spanish colony except for brasil that was a "portugal" colonyand now there is a dozen of country...

And make the whole colony system able to create multiple colony

You can, so long as there are multiple islands that can house 2 or more cities. Watiggi played a game that showed this in action. He had well over 10 colonies, iirc.

Top Bottom