I have a bizarre "bug"?

Justicex

Prince
It seems that every once in a while, that the mod I'm working on breaks the civ select window in the mods section. It might be due to mass opening/closing of Civ V, but it seems to stick around until I delete my mod. I also have Jay's Corsican mod, but I don't do anything with it so I don't think that's causing it.

Anyway, what's happening is, every once in a while, when I go to set up a new game in the mod section's quick set up, the scroll bar is gone. The civs show up and everything, but I can't scroll at all to pick from more than the first few you see. When I use Advanced setup, everything is great.

Bump because I can't be the only one who has his scroll bar disappear on him....

New update:

I just ran the game after I deleted my mod from the MODS folder and the scrollbar came back, so something in my mod is wreaking havok with this window. Could my non-fitting icons cause this? I didn't touch any SQL or LUA at all in my mod. All xml.

there's a lot of stuff in xml that deals with window positioning, so very well could be something you changed somewhere

or even worse, something got changed by accident when you hit the spacebar not noticing and it got saved turning a whole bunch of scroll bars into a white space!!

if you can save your specific changes, and bring back the original files you should be able to see what went wrong by applying one change at a time

But most of it is copypasty though. It's just a civ, a leader, 1 unit and some icons.

Thanks a bunch for the advice. I guess I'll just haveta compare my mod line for line with another one that works.

hey justicx... toss the file up here or put it in the spoiler/code tags... sometimes it helps for more eyes... I know that well considering how many times I've had to have people look over my stuff (and not just here) to notice a simple type of failure to close something.

oh right, I rem reading that thread...

*shrug* controversy... whatever... Yea, Hitler was a bad person, yea the Nazi party and WWII was bad, yea, they did a lot of vile, evil, crap... That was history... Guess what? A lot of nasty, evil, vile crap has happened in history... That's history for ya... people of all races, creeds, beliefs doing vile, evil, nasty crap to one another...

This is a game... People can get over their politically correct crap and move on...

In short, they can put on their 'Big Girl Panties' and deal with it or ignore it... no need for them to get the torches and pitchforks. :p

anywho...I've grabbed it, I'll take a look at it a bit later today for ya.

Lots of little things and 2 big ones...

I've got it loading now incidentally...

1. (Big) You forgot to add the CIV5IconTextureAtlases.xml in the OnModActivated/UpdateDatabase of the mod. Done.
2. (Big) The units file was missing all the category tags for your entries.. i.e. <Units>, <Unit_AITypes>, etc.. Done.
3. Some of your TEXT entries are missing. Not Done.
4. the - (dash) in front of some of the <ROW> tags.. don't use those. Done

I can load the mod, select Prussia and the game will run... BUT... The 'Dawn of Man' image does not come up, the text boxes do, but aren't populated (see #3).

The Panzer IV is not available in the civilopedia or in game to produce.

Would you like me to completely fix this and post it up here for you? Shouldn't take that long (in theory :p)?

Thanks for lookin Mynex, but that was the wrong file. Here is the most up-to-date one. I should have just posted this in the first place. I'm sorry.

The big issues I have now are:

The scroll bar in the civ quick select still doesn't show up, but now, when paired with Jay's Corsica mod, the civ select in the advanced section repeats all of the civs 3 times!

If I select my mod, it works, but I get Jay's icons.

If I disable the Corsica mod, it still shows up in the list of selectable civs but if I select mine, I get Random Select. If i select Corsica, I get mine.

When I select mine this way, everything works but I get Corsica's icons.

When I deleted Jay's mod, the scroll bar stayed gone but the advanced select went back to normal. Also, even though I have art assets in the file (finally got around to putting in the right icons in an effort to fix this) my icons don't show up at all and I get America's icons.

Attachments

• Working Prussia 2.zip
    915 KB · Views: 40
Thanks for lookin Mynex, but that was the wrong file. Here is the most up-to-date one. I should have just posted this in the first place. I'm sorry.

The big issues I have now are:

The scroll bar in the civ quick select still doesn't show up, but now, when paired with Jay's Corsica mod, the civ select in the advanced section repeats all of the civs 3 times!

If I select my mod, it works, but I get Jay's icons.

If I disable the Corsica mod, it still shows up in the list of selectable civs but if I select mine, I get Random Select. If i select Corsica, I get mine.

When I select mine this way, everything works but I get Corsica's icons.

When I deleted Jay's mod, the scroll bar stayed gone but the advanced select went back to normal. Also, even though I have art assets in the file (finally got around to putting in the right icons in an effort to fix this) my icons don't show up at all and I get America's icons.

Yea, I got a duplicate listing as well with a non-civ/non-leader mod... had to disable that one AND delete my cache folder to make it go away...

I'll look into v2 tomorrow and see if I can track down what's causing it... I have an idea what is, but I don't want to say just yet... If it is what I think it is, I'm going to be hot at the firaxis devs again... so I hope I'm wrong. :x

I'm assuming that it's something to do with my mod since Jay and I both followed Kael's guide and named our art files the same. When I played Corsica without my mod installed, it worked the way it was supposed to. With my mod installed, all **** breaks loose....

And I still don't know how to build icons properly :cry:

Bah! ICons! Who needs em! We don't need no steenken Icons!

:p

I haven't bothered with icons or art yet... I need to get my civ5 XML-fu and LUA-fu up to snuff first. THEN I'll worry about icons (easy), then art (easy-ish depending on task) and then Unit re-skinning/leaderhead stuff (definitely not easy... for me. :p)...

So you go learn all the artsy crap, that way you can make stuff for me, since you'll owe me. *grin*

The <Civilopedia> tags were preventing mods from loading. If there was anything else, I havne't heard about it yet.

I guess my biggest mistake was making a mod with another installed. I just can't understand how it's wreaking havok with my scroll bar and they aren't autonomous from each other.

New update:

I started a new mod and just copypastied my Prussia mod one piece at a time. The event seems to be caused by my civilization xml. I have gone over it and over it, compared it to the in-game xml for Germany and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is disabling my scroll bar!

If anyone would be so kind as to take a looksee, I would really appreciate it. When I ran it, the only xml I had in the mod was the MGerm.xml so it wouldn't load obviously, but even thought I couldn't select the mod, it still disabled my scroll bar. I also created as sterile an environment as I could by making sure that my test mod was the only ine in the MODS folder.

Civ_MGerm.xml... why are there minus signs throughout the Civilization_CityNames rows after the first one? I've marked a few in red.

Code:
	<Civilization_CityNames>
		<Row>
			<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_PRUSSIA</CivilizationType>
			<CityName>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BERLIN</CityName>
		</Row>
		[COLOR="Red"]-[/COLOR] <Row>
			<CityName>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_HAMBURG</CityName>
		</Row>
		[COLOR="red"]-[/COLOR] <Row>
			<CityName>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_MUNICH</CityName>
		</Row>
		[COLOR="red"]-[/COLOR] <Row>
			<CityName>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_COLOGNE</CityName>
		</Row>

The log files may also be of use. You can find them at: ...\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs

They are there because I copypastied from the in-game xml file and that's how they are laid out there. They don't seem to pose a problem....

Thanks for the tip! I never even thought of looking in the logs folder!

Edit: I took out those dashes and it didn't help. Thanks for taking a look though Whys :D

Top Bottom