1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I have a question

Discussion in 'Civ4 - CIV Gold' started by crazywiz, Aug 14, 2009.

1. crazywiz

crazywiz Chieftain

Hi I have a question is there a way that you could combine CIV gold with a earth map and have the civs in there actual locations? If there is could u guys maybe help me do it?

2. EMT

EMT Hated by the Spaniards(?)

TBH, I think it would make CIV Gold take the cake. :D I use scenarioworld, which places Civs in their default locations, but it's a map script, which means that you can play any random civs on any map, all of them starting in the correct locations. I play this mapscript a lot when not playing with CIV Gold, but trying to run CIV Gold+scenarioworld ends up with me playing as the Toltecs in northern siberia.... :rolleyes: I'm fairly sure that it's (possible) to take that map script and add it in for all the civilizations, although I have no idea how complicated that would be.......I'll see if I can do anything, but don't be too hopeful.

I've attached a copy of the map script and the .properties file, the map script looks like old persian mixed with hindi and arabic(AKA unreadable to the average latin language speaker), but the properties file seems to indicate where each Civilization will start via coordinates......I'll try and see what I can do, although really, I am no modder. Vadus World is the wb save from which the earth map comes from, it should also be in publicmaps along with all the files......I take no credit for this map AT ALL. All credit goes to the original creator of this map.

EDIT: Okay, my gut was right, all that needs to be done is for someone to open up the properties file, and type "CIVILIZATION_ABORIGINES=49,18"(as an example, and right next to shaka too, how fun), but replace ABORIGINES with the Civilization name as it appears in Custom Civilizations folder. Really easy. I'll volunteer to put some civilizations up, if anyone is interested.

EDIT 2: The map is rather cramped for all these European Civilizations, and that's BEFORE we count in CIV Gold. Maybe other options include using Rhye's Map, I'm not sure though. Any opinions/recommended maps?

Attached Files:

3. EMT

EMT Hated by the Spaniards(?)

I've gotten all the Civs that aren't central asian or east asian done. All that's left is Asia and some quick testing. The map may be up by later today, or tommorow.

EDIT: Scratch that, I've got all the civs running and added, now I'm just checking locations for accuracy, then I should be able to release this today, methinks.

4. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead