I have a sickness

Warlord Sam

2500 hours and counting..
Anyone else experience similar symptoms?

I upgraded my computer from an old old old thing that ran Civ3 fine (until the later ages or a map larger than standard, at which point AI turns take a mighty long time), right? So now I have a really really beefy system that can handle anything that's now out with high specs on. And I have all these awesome new games that are amazing graphically and neat new gameplay and I finally have the RAM and video card to play it all, right?

But instead, I find myself playing Civ3 still =D What on earth!!?? Such a great game, I can't ever seem to get tired of it... its taken me a bit too long to move up in game play, just recently got to Emperor after spending wayyy too long on Regent, I guess I got a bit used to being the world's superpower... anyways, so finally it got old and I almost quit, but then I tried a game on a higher difficulty setting (jumped right to Emperor, and found myself a challenging game all over again =D)

Er, I guess this was just a pointless rave, but goodness this game is just so great!!!

You're not alone. I've played a lot of games after getting Civ3, but I keep coming back to this one.

No No No, he's um... enlightend, yeah thats it. BTW I'm sure he could stop any time he wanted to. I know I could. :D

If you're looking for a 12-step program to ween you off civ, you've come to the wrong place! See the first two words in your browser's title bar for the reason why. :)

Yeah, I've gone through THREE computers since I started playing CIv III, I started out with a Celeron PII, 366 mghz, then to an AMD athalon, 1.4 Ghz, and now I have a Pentium 4, 3.2 Ghz, and I STILL mostly play civ III on the computer..

Heck - I just reinstalled SMAC!! :crazyeye:

k-a-bob said:
I've been thinking of doing that, but my wife would think I've bought a new game (she can never remember what I'm playing). The "discussion" might not be worth it I'm afraid.

Kayak said:
I've been thinking of doing that, but my wife would think I've bought a new game (she can never remember what I'm playing). The "discussion" might not be worth it I'm afraid.

Just tell her it's Civ III in the "future age" :lol:

Pounder said:
Civ has saved me alot of money, I just don't buy any other games any more.
I've saved a lot of money too. I not only don't buy other games, I don't eat meals out, go shopping, never go to movies, never use gas to visit other people....

I usually make it to the office for work most days. :lol:

My name is Desertsnow and I'm a Civ-addict . . .

k-a-bob said:

Is that all? I've got Civ 1, Civ 2, SMAX, Colonization, and MoO1 on mine! :p

I still can't believe they haven't made an update for Colonization. Excellent game, with a completely different mindset from Civ. I've seen many complain about expansion being the only way to win in Civ. Try expanding like the borg in Col and you will lose! Colonization requires powerful self-supporting cities.

Top Bottom