I have never seen any Tobacco anywhere ?!

b3n

Chieftain
Is this a bug?

I like to restart my games quite a lot but I've never seen any toabbco at all.
Do I have to do something special to find it? There wasn't anything like that mentioned in the manual or civlopedia.

Thanks,

Play as the English and all you will ever see is tobacco. I was usually playing the English and have tobacco all around. Sometimes a little cotton, too. But I have never seen any sugar.

Add this to the large list of flaws and imbalances of this utterly broken game.

Hmm.

I have only ever played as English and only Caribbean (I like islands!).

I always see a vast amount of Sugar, very little Cotton and even less Furs.

It gets boring making Rum all the time - I would like to make Cigars as well.
In real life, Cuba is in the Caribbean isn't it? And they are famous for Cigars!

As the Dutch I have seen loads of Tobacco on New World maps, but never ever any sugar... :(

This definitely seems like a bug.

I started a game as Dutch and New World and there was Tobacco but no Sugar.

So it seems that if you play New World you get Tobacco instead of Sugar, and if you play Caribbean you get Sugar instead of Tobacco.

I can't see any reason why this should be.

It's just the maps you're getting. There's no bug, and it's possible to have all goods on the map. :)

In the pic you can see cotton, sugar, tobacco, fur, ore, food, and further up I had silver too.

What kind of game is that map from? New World or Caribbean?

I've never seen both Tobacco and Sugar on the same map and I've been playing a lot.

I as looking at that global view before and there were Furs next to one of my settlements - but the Furs weren't shown in the global view. And they were the only Furs on the map.

That's a HUGE new world map. :)

I play on huge western hemisphere (??), I'vd never seen any cotton exept for one time when I went to North America...
I wan't cotton :(

I've played on New World (standard and huge) and a couple of custom scenario maps.

I've seen everything except Silver (even on the South America map!) :(

Well I think the code that manages resource generation needs to be modified.

I find that if I play on New World then there is usually at least 1 of each Resource (even if there is only 1, usually Sugar).

But on Caribbean there is NEVER any tobacco.

At first I thought the same thing about the silver... but if u play the northwest passage map its all over the place.

Honestly though Im just as disillusioned as most people with this game. I doubt any playtesting was done whatsoever.

I dont know who was responsible for this mess at firaxis but someone slipped up bad, and now theyve managed to anger alot of their die-hard fans. This game could have been legendary.

I've played on New World (standard and huge) and a couple of custom scenario maps.

I've seen everything except Silver (even on the South America map!) :(

Silver is in the peaks

Caribbean map only have sugar (plenty), cotton and (a higher quantity of ) silver high mountain. The climate is too hot for Tobacco and Furs.

U get tobacco on grassland base and fur on tundra. In Caribbean map, there is no grassland or tundra. U get cotton from plains, or sugar from marsh. This disadvantage is somewhat compensated by the abundance of silver.

I played a customized map.... there were tobaccos on the map but accually there was no tobacco the squares produced sugar or something else.... that was weird.

Top Bottom