I have no idea what is going on...

tsf4

Warlord
Out of the Neolithic era, I have zero clue what is going on. Why isn't the game telling me tons of information? I have to learn about things by having to click on everything.

I know this seems to be a rant, but I am just clueless, mainly on independent people. Why do they attack your units all the time? Why doesn't the game give you a list of them so you don't have to pan the map to click on them? Why doesn't the game tell you you are getting influence or different tier relations on each people?

Why is the AI so aggressive, attacking me on site when I am just trying to scout/explore?

Why doesn't the game suggest what you can do with your money and influence stores, like civ games show you?

I just feel its so open-ended I don't know what to do. I want to play small, but have no clue how many units to build for defense. I appreciate the game being different, but I am just clueless as how to play the game.

Also, why is it so fracking fast? I want to enjoy the times and not be blitzed through time.

Sorry for the rant questions, but I am just fed up with how I have no clue what to really do and the lack of easy way to find info in game.

Out of the Neolithic era, I have zero clue what is going on. Why isn't the game telling me tons of information? I have to learn about things by having to click on everything.
I'd say, that's normal learning experience. First you click a lot on everything and read a ton of tooltips etc., but then you know it all after a while.

but I am just clueless, mainly on independent people. Why do they attack your units all the time?
Only aggressive IP (with the lightning symbol) will attack you. The peaceful ones (peace sign) will not.

Why is the AI so aggressive, attacking me on site when I am just trying to scout/explore?
Unless you sign a non aggression pact with the AI, your units in neutral/outpost territory is fair game. You can do the same. And hurting scouting efforts of a potential rival is very sensible thing to do.

Why doesn't the game suggest what you can do with your money and influence stores, like civ games show you?
Money is for buyouts of the stuff you build and unit upgrade, influence is for territorial expansion, enactment of policies and securing your influence, so you can keep those policies.

I want to play small
That translates to being quite vulnerable, unless your city is continent size, that is also possible.

Also, why is it so fracking fast? I want to enjoy the times and not be blitzed through time.
You can stay longer in the era, not pick up another culture as soon as you get 7 stars. Or try slower game speeds.

I appreciate the game being different, but I am just clueless as how to play the game.

Sorry for the rant questions, but I am just fed up with how I have no clue what to really do and the lack of easy way to find info in game.

Again, it is normal learning experience. Either you click and read a lot, and go the game wiki, or you can also watch people explaining the game, like in this playlist, with manageable length videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnnmT-gIqpExm3DL7fZ5qe9dUXoKZMqU4

Thank you Radar. Appreciate the answers. Just got into a moment where I was incredibly frustrated with the game.

Frustration is good. It used to be the trademark of good games in the old days. That means they are doing something well. Be patient and take your time, click a lot and learn a lot.

Trust me, it's fun to lose once in a while. Even when losing this game is classy. I finished a game last weekend as 4th, and I still felt good about it, because it was a good game but mainly because the AI deserved the win.

Long time since I don't feel that; too long. Civ 6 "Deity" games were a walk in the park with that non-existent AI.

Be patient and you will be rewarded with the same feeling. Then, when you start winning, it will mean something (unlike Civ 6). You'll see.

Frustration is good. It used to be the trademark of good games in the old days. That means they are doing something well. Be patient and take your time, click a lot and learn a lot.

Trust me, it's fun to lose once in a while. Even when losing this game is classy. I finished a game last weekend as 4th, and I still felt good about it, because it was a good game but mainly because the AI deserved the win.

Long time since I don't feel that; too long. Civ 6 "Deity" games were a walk in the park with that non-existent AI.

Be patient and you will be rewarded with the same feeling. Then, when you start winning, it will mean something (unlike Civ 6). You'll see.

Yea. AI did recently killed me as Rome. I thought the praetorian guards were going to expand me until I could no more until the Huns came in with 26 or greater hordes. My poor 8 guards did do well but eventually got overwhelmed. Anyhow, AI did really well.

How are games ending these days after the pollution threshold change? Do AI hit Mars or Tech (or stars?) before getting the new threshold?

How are games ending these days after the pollution threshold change? Do AI hit Mars or Tech (or stars?) before getting the new threshold?

I would say the days of pollution endings are over. More interesting though, is the fact that I see signs that the AI is taking care of its own pollution now (fluctuations between positive and negative pollution flow beyond what is possible by just planting forests). If that is a fact, the combo thresholds-better AI effectively killed the doomsday ending... excluding Uranium. :D

If that is a fact, the combo thresholds-better AI effectively killed the doomsday ending... excluding Uranium. :D

Oh can you even imagine?! If anyone has ever seen the AI build, let alone use, a nuclear weapons, now would be an excellent time to share the good news!

Top Bottom