1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I have no text

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by Thanatosimii, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Thanatosimii

Thanatosimii Chieftain

I recently downloaded the 1.61 patch, but when I play the game, the startup pages don't have any text. Instead of "Single player game," "advanced," etc.. I have blank voids. Does anyone know why?

2. Thanatosimii

Thanatosimii Chieftain

I'm going to update this... If I hit the right buttons from memory, I can start a game anyway, but I still have no text. I select from a list of blank races, with blank preferences, a lot of blank boxes to choose from. I build a city, and it has a blank name, I build blank named units and get blank techs with blank discriptions and blank civics with blank this and blank that... and basically the game works perfectly, but if anything in the game is text, it's blanked out.

3. crunch

crunch Emperor

Try clearing the cache folder (either by holding shift during startup or manually erasing its content - it should be a hidden folder somewhere under application data).

If this won't help, uninstall civ, manually erase all remaining civ folders, reinstall, repatch.

4. Conroe

Conroe √∞

Sounds like an XML issue. Possibly an incompatible mod, maybe? Definitely follow crunch's suggestion to clear the cache. I would also try clearing your CustomAssets folder and see if that works. If not, I'd say you somehow modified the Assets folder and a reinstall/repatch is probably your best course of action.

5. Thanatosimii

Thanatosimii Chieftain

Umm... I can't find the uninstall function... it isn't in the game, is it? If it is, can someont tell me where the buttons are on the lists?

6. Thanatosimii

Thanatosimii Chieftain

Sorry, took care of it. Problem solved.
    Danke.