I have no text

Thanatosimii

Chieftain
I recently downloaded the 1.61 patch, but when I play the game, the startup pages don't have any text. Instead of "Single player game," "advanced," etc.. I have blank voids. Does anyone know why?

I'm going to update this... If I hit the right buttons from memory, I can start a game anyway, but I still have no text. I select from a list of blank races, with blank preferences, a lot of blank boxes to choose from. I build a city, and it has a blank name, I build blank named units and get blank techs with blank discriptions and blank civics with blank this and blank that... and basically the game works perfectly, but if anything in the game is text, it's blanked out.

Try clearing the cache folder (either by holding shift during startup or manually erasing its content - it should be a hidden folder somewhere under application data).

If this won't help, uninstall civ, manually erase all remaining civ folders, reinstall, repatch.

Sounds like an XML issue. Possibly an incompatible mod, maybe? Definitely follow crunch's suggestion to clear the cache. I would also try clearing your CustomAssets folder and see if that works. If not, I'd say you somehow modified the Assets folder and a reinstall/repatch is probably your best course of action.

Umm... I can't find the uninstall function... it isn't in the game, is it? If it is, can someont tell me where the buttons are on the lists?

Top Bottom