1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I hope the AI is more grateful

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Sherlock, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

I just liberated FOUR Greek cities and they won't even give me open borders.

2. cooldude1128

cooldude1128 Prince

Similarly, I hope my allies won't turn on me, denounce, and then later declare war when I finish a war we were all in together because I took someone's last city.

3. darko82

darko82 Emperor

Why not? If they have a reason, why not? They should... they should be able to lie...

Though, yeah, when you fight for the same cause, then it would be really werid to denouce you etc. unless you break their rules or agendas.

People just need some understanding why something is happening in the game, why the AI behaves in a particular way.

4. Schuesseled

Schuesseled Deity

That's not the case though. The warmongering penalty makes no sense when you are all ganging up on someone.

5. darko82

darko82 Emperor

It does make sense. You must pay the price. Just imagine the real world, a country killing other nations. Would you be happy? Unless they have the same idealogy.

6. m15a

m15a Emperor

Personally, I'm fine with "I'm your ally but you're in my way, so I hate you now." But the last city thing is just weird to me, especially since it just means you leave the worst city unconquered or let your AI ally conquer it and get all the blame.

Even disregarding that, the damage is done by that point. The nearly conquered civ essentially lost at that point (assuming multiple cities were lost), so they'd probably just give up at point.

7. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

Yeah, becoming disproportionately powerful is something to be reasonably upset by. Taking a city that happens to be the final one less so.

8. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

I hope that the AI plays more consistently ala the AI in Civ IV, and not the maniacal AI in Civ V that always DOW'ed you eventually and never suggested interesting trades/made interesting threats (i.e. convert to our religion or die! Give me this good or die!)

Civ V even had Threat lines recorded for leaders and never used them. How sad.

9. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Moderator Action: Moved to Civ V General Discussions

10. yosefm

yosefm Chieftain

Allies become worst enemies and vice versa all the time in history, because aliances are not always out of love, and wars not always out of hate. The Cold War started the minute WW2 ended, with the west and russia fighting side by side then turning away. West Germany, in the same time frame, became an integral part of the West quite quickly despite being its worst enemy in WW2.