1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I just dropped over 40 ICBMs

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by CrossTheRiver, Nov 1, 2005.

1. riskbreaker86

riskbreaker86 Chieftain

How often has anyone been nuked, or been saved by SDIs in CivIV? and what difficulty were you on? ive never seen any AI in civIV use a nuke.

2. Prometheus_666

Prometheus_666 Chieftain

Yes Thebes did it before him. And Sparta before that, and Athens before that.

Macedon was a GREEK KINGDOM. End of story.

3. Super ICBM man

Super ICBM man Chieftain

I live for ICBM's. As you can tell by my nickname. I always stockpile a whole heap and wait untill someone really annoys me and then I launch a massive strike with ICBM's and follow it up with constant air strikes.

4. skallben

skallben Diplomat

I wonder if Alex-boy is mentally disturbet in this game too, actually I think he is!
    I played a peaceful start which went well until the japanese came out of the jungles with millions of chariots - spearmen saved my day but it was close...Just when the immediate danger is over...Freddie the germ (Krueger, grr?) attacks me out of "cautious" reputation and takes two cites fast and my empire has a big area so relocating naturally took some time...If it where not for a strategical line reaching all the way along my French (me) - german border Id be bones and dust now...In the middle of all this...Alex-boy attacks. GRRR. I get so pissed of so I aim it all on him and takes one of his major cities fast and soon I manage to negotiate a peace with him and immediately he's "cautious" and soon "friendly". Wierdo. Guess he respects strength or something.

5. IceLion

IceLion Living in denial

I think Alexander does admire power, he was constantly opening negotiations with me as I was grinding the dirty Germans to dust. Trading became even easier once I turned my war machine onto the Persians. He didn't like me knocking out his cities however, I wonder why? :D Back to the subject of this thread, I don't use nukes generally; but it was fun in CivII to plant a nuke in an enemy city, get caught and watch wave after wave of opposing civs come after you because of it, ah, the memories.

-IceLion

6. dabrovo_mlado

dabrovo_mlado Chieftain

i had alex friendly with me because he was my religion and he still attacked. i took one of his cities and after peace he was back to friendly with the only - in the diplo relations for close borders. didn't even complain i took his city :)

i only used nukes once just to see what theye were like.

7. panama 1984

panama 1984 Chieftain

I drop nukes in every one of my games, but i did it most on the egyptians
    (thats what they get for declining MY trade:mad: )

8. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

it's fun when you're bored to to :nuke: the british in the revolutionary war scen.:)

9. loveandpolitics

loveandpolitics Chieftain

This afternoon I nuked the Spanish 22 times, the Aztecs 6 times and the Russians 16 time. Spain was Nuked so hard that there wasn't an inch of unpolluted territory left! End up razing ALL Spanish cities for good measure.

10. MaximXVI

MaximXVI Chieftain

This thread makes me smile. :D

One time I went the evil dictator route and declared war on everyone. I was winning for a while, then started to lose big time. As my borders were depleting I started to stockpile nuclear missiles in one city. As they were nearing it I unleashed my nukes, destroying at least two of my enemy nations before they finally got me. The environment was properly ruined - I doubt the earth would ever recover. :cool:

11. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

you mixed hitler with stalin

12. Marcus Cicero

Marcus Cicero For I am "Thursday!"

Last night I was out to relieve a bit of stress, played a peaceful game... Right up until Russia randomly declares war on my 2 cities russing cossacks into Hamburg to take my wonders from me.

I managed to stop them from taking berlin in the nick of time, with a large stack of Cossacks and Catapults ready to tear down my great walls. The peace was short lived however, as Peter believed he could return with a larger force and take me again. I was now fully irritated at him, decided it was time for the "IT" factor.

..."IT" being entering the world builder to put close to 100 ICBM's on Berlin. Yes, the blood would soak russian streets tonight. I had Alexander come with me to declare on Russia, I sent each and every ICGM after Russian cities, destroying all 23 of them that I saw enough for my anger to be fully quenched by fire.

I must say, nukes are amazingly well done in that game, and having watched almost 100 of them at one country in the span of 10 minutes made me feel dangerously close to the king of everything. I tried to go to sleep at 2 in the morning and I couldn't stop laughing...and laughing... and laughing.

13. MaximXVI

MaximXVI Chieftain

"Take what you learn and make it your own" as they say. ;)

14. SamE

SamE Warlord

I've only used nukes once, tonight. As it happened, there still were barbarians...

15. eznihm

eznihm Chieftain

My current project involves accumulating as much negative reaction from AI as possible. :mischief: One recent opponent said, after 1 turn of nuking:

Attached Files:

16. gimhalos

gimhalos Chieftain

Haha... -60... nice.... let's see, in cIV time that will be....... 2500 years before they forgive you

17. Helmling

Helmling Philosopher King

This reminds me of when I'd cheat in Civ2 when a game went south, just to unload the frustrations.

"Oh, so you're going to make war with me in the first 20 turns and swamp me with chariots, eh? Well, let's see what your little horse whippers can do against a few Stealth Bombers, baby!"

18. Coberlv

Coberlv Chieftain

Bloodlusty..:goodjob: :satan: :dance: :clap: :snowgrin: :xmassign:

19. COUGAR69

COUGAR69 Chieftain

Nice pic. SamE.

20. KaiserAlexander

KaiserAlexander Chieftain

Alexander only truly became crazy after Bucephalus and Hephaestean died. Before that, he (usually) treated his subjects and those he conquered very well.