I just dropped over 40 ICBMs

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by CrossTheRiver, Nov 1, 2005.

1. jerVL/kg

jerVL/kg Sheep Nuker

Heh. Sounds like my last game where I dropped about 50 nukes on Russia, Japan, Greece, Germany, and Rome. Catherine built bomb shelters so it was no fun nuking her cities anymore. So I looked for her strategic resources. Hey, there's an oil field...it's in range of my bombers, but has a few SAMs garrisoned on it. Better not take the chance. KABOOM!!!

What's that? A uranium mine? Ooh yeah, gotta take that one out. KABOOM!!!

Then I looked to their food resources. Rice paddy? KABOOM!!! Wheat field? KABOOM!!! What's left? Well...Japan has some sheep. Should I nuke the sheep?

...Why ask why? KABOOM!!!

Had to stop playing for the night after that. I mean, c'mon. I actually NUKED SHEEP! :devil: :rotfl:

2. rilke

rilke Chieftain

real cheap trick

3. Xanthra

Xanthra Chieftain

I just finished nuking Saladin back into the stone age, I had no choice!, he was on a hell bent mission to wipe my thriving peacefull civ off the map, I just couldnt let that happen. I flew a recon into his territory and Aha! just as I had suspected, he had amassed a huge army of tanks and infantry ready to roll.

I guess about 40-45 nukes did the job on his 15 or so city's, the whole continent is just a glowing mass of desertion, that'll teach him. HA!

4. ToV

ToV Warlord

I only used nukes once. I was at war with the Aztecs, (who were on another continent) and they had a huge stack in the city I was trying to take. So...

KRACKA-BOOM!

I was amazed at how few defenders were left. Taking the city was easy. I then went on to take over the resr of the Aztec Empire. I even got the Buddhist Holy City! (Which gave me a lot of much-needed cash)

5. drkflame67

drkflame67 Chieftain

yes finaly some1 who understands power comes through nukes

:nuke: + more :nuke: = :king:

6. MaraudingCanuck

MaraudingCanuck Chieftain

I hate being placed beside Japan. He attacks at the first sign of weakness and the only logical solution is to nuke everything he has.

7. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

And the moral of this whole thread is....

Never let a Civ player become president/prime minister/etc. in real life.

Hmmm. Wonder if George W Bush got his military training by playing Civ....? Would explain a lot... :lol:

8. Pitbullnix

Pitbullnix Chieftain

I went into WorldBuilder once just goofing around and gave myself about 300 nukes. I nuked every single tile in Saladins country about 4 or 5 times. The -287 " You nuked us!!" was pretty funny. Not even a road left and all of his cities were down to one pop.

9. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

If you are stalin006 that's actually not that difficult or weird...

I dislike nuclear weapons, mainly because I'll be rolling over that ground in the next few turns, and would like to use some of those cities to crank out troops to take more cities, thank you very much. I only ever turn the city of Washington, DC into a glowing hunk of radioactive dust with 1 pop in a Civ IV game (mainly because that way the Beltway doesn't exist anymore. Heh heh).

10. Guerra

Guerra Warlord

Leonidas would make for a suitable Greek King, he's my personal favorite, and Pericles was indeed a nice little Athenian, but I hate those Athenians, so they can all eat ****.

Also, Napoleon wasn't French, but he ruled France. Alexander was Macedonian, but he ruled Greece, he united Greece. I don't like Alexander either, but hes still an appropriate leader for the Greeks. It'd be nice if every nation had atleast 2 leaders to pick from.

11. tombeef

tombeef King

the most nukes I have used in one game was 57. Global warming was crazy. The whole world was desert before I even knew it.

The whole point of the 57 nuke game was to just drop a whole lot of nukes. I didn't really worry about anything else. Very fun, seeing 57 nukes. The AI was wiped out, and, becuase I was on good terms with most of them, completely clueless.

12. AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei Chieftain

Indeed. Nappy was Couriscan. Just like Stalin wasn't Russian...he was Georgian.

13. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry Warlord

Maybe you guys can help me with a proplem of mine, I have 115 nukes in thier silos sitting around collecting dust. Any ideas?

14. ToV

ToV Warlord

You should already know what these wackos will say!

KABOOM!

Declair war on who ever is unlucky enough to be sharing the same planet as you! That's what they'll say! Cover the planet in a green ooze! I say just keep them around, just in case. If someone is winning the space race, Nuke them into the stone age! If you win... :satan:

15. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry Warlord

I found a solution, after scoring my first time victory, I decided to use the nukes that I continued to build, now numbering over 200. I declared war with every surviving nation on earth, nuked all capitals and large cities. they don't call it Bomb-bay for nothing, 27 IBCMs in that city alone:D. Nagasakai was also on my list of places to nuke even if it was only a size 2 city. Oddly enough it is very satisfiying.

edit: I should add that my leader was ghandi

16. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

I think we can all agree nukes make us feel gooooooood

17. megalomaniac

megalomaniac Push the red button!!

I second that. In fact there is nothing more satisfying to me in this game than this.

18. ToV

ToV Warlord

I am in a game were I am at war with china. It's tough, because I have to fight against a nearly-equal opponet. (I had to. He was beating on by friend Asoka too much) So I plan on using nukes! Lot's of them! If I can't take the cities, I'll nuke them to death!

19. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry Warlord

megalomaniac, did you turn off domination because that is a LOT of territory.

20. megalomaniac

megalomaniac Push the red button!!

Yes I did. :D :D The culmination of that game can be found here.