I just got a Merchant of Venice

slowcar

King
From an allied city state (full patronage tree). :scan:

Unfortunately i am trying a diplomacy win so i won't buy a city state with it.

So use it to establish a trade mission. I think the MoV's trade missions are even bigger than the regular missions done by GM's.

Fortunately you're still going to get double gold/influence from his trade mission. In fact, I typically only puppet 1-2 CS's as Venice (unless I really need more due to little enemy civ presence or need a foothold on another continent/island) and conquer the rest from other civs.

I got one from a City-State too. Used it for a trade mission as well. I should've checked how the ability works though - I had actual Venice next to me eliminated because I was afraid that the Merchants could take over my CS allies (can they?)

I got one from a City-State too. Used it for a trade mission as well. I should've checked how the ability works though - I had actual Venice next to me eliminated because I was afraid that the Merchants could take over my CS allies (can they?)

Yes they can

Oww... I would be fine if that ability required them to be the allies of the CS, or at least to CS not to have an ally at all. But I guess this is not the place to rant about this.

So use it to establish a trade mission. I think the MoV's trade missions are even bigger than the regular missions done by GM's.

Yes, they have a promotion that increases influence and gold from trade missions by 100%. Instant ally :D.

Oww... I would be fine if that ability required them to be the allies of the CS, or at least to CS not to have an ally at all. But I guess this is not the place to rant about this.

It's painful when Venice swoops in and steals a 150+ Influence CS from you without so much as a "sorry." I want to play Venice now :D

Like I said I conquered Venice precisely to prevent them from snatching my CS pals. Was warmonger for the rest of the game, but I guess it was worth it.

Top Bottom