I just realized I passed the 500 hour mark...

Proximus

Chieftain
According to Steam I've played 509 hours of Civ V since the day it was released.

Where do I stand here? Am I an addict or is this average among my fellow empire builders?

(Also, I apologize if this is a repeat thread. I skimmed the forums to find a similar one but didn't see anything.)

I feel like I've played it an awful lot, and I've only notched up a touch above 400 hours. How do people find the time (though an equally valid question might be; how do people find the time to post on a forum about not having enough time to play the game)?

16k posts in 39 months is also about 13 postings per day, every single day. That's pretty crazy too :D

PS: The game time stats though are a bit "borked" as it will still count if you just have it run in the background... I often tend to to that for hours-days :D

I passed 1800 hours played according to Steam today (now 1804). Thought MLB the Show for PS3 last year would break my habit or Madden this past fall but after less than a week of each I was back to CIV 5.

just past 400 hours myself, i dont consider that i play it very much at all

I passed 1800 hours played according to Steam today (now 1804). Thought MLB the Show for PS3 last year would break my habit or Madden this past fall but after less than a week of each I was back to CIV 5.
1800 huh? Now I don't feel so bad. ;)

I've just hit 1,914 hours myself.

Hey, what can I say? It's a neat strategy game.
I agree. I hear a lot of people complaining about Civ V, but they did a hell of a lot more right than wrong. It's by far my favorite game. :)

I think I have about 300-400 hours on it. I like the game but I do take a break after finishing one since it takes me about two weeks to play a game on epic.

I also really like the game.

I just checked. 1214.

I remember when I hit 1000. I thought hard about what that represented. 1,000 hours. Granted, I watch TV while playing. Some of those hours were just the laptop left running while I did laundry or stuff like that. My son's played a few hours, too. He and I have some hotseat games.

But still...1,000 hours?

Now it's over 1,200. I could've written a book. Hell, I practically have written books in the Stories section. This week, I finally played through and conquered a huge map with 22 civs. I'd always meant to, and I figured: If I just accomplish this, then the game will get old for me. There'll be nothing left to do.

I finished last night. Today, I turned up the difficulty to Immortal and went about making my wonder strategy work at the higher difficulty.

If this isn't addiction, then I don't know what is.

Just over 300 hours, about 250 is mine. Its a great game ! I just hope Firaxis will continue the trend of making great games with their upcoming X COM game.

Glad you guys are enjoying it. I got to 88 hours and haven't touched it in over a year. The combat is fun, but really not any better than Advance Wars (which I have thousands of hours logged into -_-). I get more satisfaction from Civ IV and AW or something if I want more tactical combat.

To each their own.

i decided to check my hours played. i didnt realize id cracked 400 (416 to be exact).

i havent been able to play for the last 3 or 4 days because i think i have gotten carpal tunnel syndrome in my right (mouse) hand from the last few weeks of playing. i started having full forearm/palm/wrist aches that went all the up to my elbow 6 days ago. it's definitely nerve pain too, not muscular. i've been wearing a wrist brace for 3 days and i'm just now getting some relief (though still not using my hand/wrist). i'm scheduling a doc appt tomorrow and everything. it sucks too because my civ sessions tend to be in the 4-5 hours range when i do play. now i've caught up on some movies and books for the last few days but they arent as mentally engaging as a good civ session.

this was all hen-pecked out 1-handed too. it really sucks to have such small abilities like using a mouse limited.

400 plus. Great thread!
It's a testimony to the game. It's such an immersive experience that time really bolts by. At the end game, where moves can last for 30min plus, thats when I lose all sense of time. Also, rotating units in the heat of battle takes chunks of time.

Top Bottom