[GS] I just wanna shut Sean Bean up... just him...

Because I am.not partial to gravelly, English accents. I am a strange American but I find most English accents to be very unpleasant. I dig Irish (the many of them) , Scottish, Welsh , Cornish even , and nearly any other foreign accented speaker of English. They all have their charm, but England English? Argh! That r they add to vowel ending words before vowel beginning words? Ahh! And that even approach to syl al ih bulls...

Plus the salt in the wound is the godawful insulting humorless content of what Bean has to say.

So that's how.

Oh thank god im not the only one.

The quotes are irritating, out of place and just generally a sloppy job that really do a good job ruining the experience for me.

Sean Bean is not bad at all! however i just cant help but wonder why is Eddard Stark from game of thrones narrating my game.
I think he is a terrific actor, i just dont find him to be suitable for voice acting technology quotes. At least not these quotes we see in civ6, jesus christ...

Sean Bean's voice is a top feature in the game and the latest in a tradition of actors to be in the franchise. Oh Leonard Nimoy, how so many mivss you.

Because I am.not partial to gravelly, English accents. I am a strange American but I find most English accents to be very unpleasant. I dig Irish (the many of them) , Scottish, Welsh , Cornish even , and nearly any other foreign accented speaker of English. They all have their charm, but England English? Argh! That r they add to vowel ending words before vowel beginning words? Ahh! And that even approach to syl al ih bulls...

Plus the salt in the wound is the godawful insulting humorless content of what Bean has to say.

So that's how.

Hilarious. Nothing is worse than American women with their whiny voices. Where did they inherit them from.

Sean Bean is pretty great in my opinion. The quotes, on the other hand, are pretty terrible.

Even though I like Sean Bean, since we're also discussing alternative narrators, though, I'll restate my two favorite picks for Civ 7:
John Noble (known for, among other things, his roles as Walter Bishop in Fringe, and Denethor in the Lord of the Rings)
Cate Blanchett (known for lots of things, including her role as Galadriel in the Lord of the Rings)

Either of these would make me very happy,

I think Sean Bean was a sort of odd choice to be narrator. I enjoy his acting a fair amount but he just doesn't have one of those voices that screams out "narrator" to me.
I also have a sort of hard time with his accent at times.

It's kinda funny with the quotes introduced in GS. Since they took so much flack for the "silly" ones in Civ VI (which I agree with mostly) now they're all these lengthy, rather involved quotes. Sort of overcompensating, haha.

But the biggest problem I have with the writing in Civ VI are the introductory lines for the various leaders. Some of them are *horribly* written, gramatically incorrect and just all kinds of bad. A lot of those could not be salvaged by even the best narrator in the world.

One of my *favorite* things in both V and VI though are the quotes when you create great works of writing. I really love that.

I've turned off voices because of Sean Bean's excessive sibilance ("sssssss"). That's so easy to fix while recording or even with post processing, there's no excuse for it.

There's just no way I could bear to listen to "manssss firssssst sssstepssss" over and over again. Ugh.

Civ 4, Leonard Nimoy. Brilliant choice for all the science quotations.
I mean, Spock was tellins us all about science, it don't get better than that

There was a fantastic mod for V that swapped in Nimoy's quotes for IV for most techs. Wish there was a similar one for VI. I loved it. Miss Nimoy a lot but I'm a total scifi nerd.

Top Bottom