I know she's a Muslim, but...

Nazis: Get out, Jew, or we will burn your stores and kill you!
Jews: *leave Europe*
Liberals: Look at those antisemitic Jews, they agree with the Nazis!

(The claim the Jews are the real antisemites has to be comparable to the 'controlled insanity' in 1984. Oppose Jew-hatred for political reasons, and blame the Jews for it...)
I'm not sure what you are getting at. It is a well established historical fact that several high ranked Nazis worked with the Jewish Agency in Germany on an ad hoc basis -right up until the beginning of the Second World War. For those Nazis, the priority was getting Jews out of Germany and if they could fleece them for any remaining money in the process of securing travel papers, the Nazis weren't going to say no. FWIW, the very pro-Israel historical fiction book Exodus, by Leon Uris, paints the ad hoc relation between the Jewish Agency and the Nazis as being a good thing, showing the work the early Zionists put in to both rescue Jews from Nazis and their desire to build a Jewish homeland in Palestine.
I am certainly not trying to say that Jews were 'complicit' or whatever alt-reich nonsense on this topic that occasionally rears its ugly head tries to paint it as.

Vacuous accusations of antisemitism are the weapon of choice when attempting to deflect criticism of the increasingly fascist Israeli government. They know their critic's audiences are sensitive to it.

I'm not sure what you are getting at. It is a well established historical fact that several high ranked Nazis worked with the Jewish Agency in Germany on an ad hoc basis -right up until the beginning of the Second World War. For those Nazis, the priority was getting Jews out of Germany and if they could fleece them for any remaining money in the process of securing travel papers, the Nazis weren't going to say no. FWIW, the very pro-Israel historical fiction book Exodus, by Leon Uris, paints the ad hoc relation between the Jewish Agency and the Nazis as being a good thing, showing the work the early Zionists put in to both rescue Jews from Nazis and their desire to build a Jewish homeland in Palestine.
I am certainly not trying to say that Jews were 'complicit' or whatever alt-reich nonsense on this topic that occasionally rears its ugly head tries to paint it as.

Alright, then. Some others certainly have tried to paint 'the Zionists' as complicit with the Nazis, most notably our Partner For Peace Mahmoud Abbas.

Alright, then. Some others certainly have tried to paint 'the Zionists' as complicit with the Nazis, most notably our Partner For Peace Mahmoud Abbas.
Another would be the Hungarian premier, Viktor Orbán, who you have previously defended against accusations of anti-Semitism.

Another would be the Hungarian premier, Viktor Orbán, who you have previously defended against accusations of anti-Semitism.

I would appreciate a source or quote?

Last edited:
Jeanine Pirro of Fox News got in trouble for suggesting Congresswoman Omar is disloyal because she wears a hijab and thats evidence she adheres to sharia law which is antithetical to the Constitution. The country awaits Mrs Pirro's accusations of treason directed at Christians and Jews.

So the israeli lobby doesnt lobby to maintain the usa chained to israel?
That is not what known anti-jew jew noam chomsky tells me.
And aren't the republican politicians the most bribed or loon supporters of israel? I recall a nice segment by jon stewart, when the rep party invited netanyahoo.

Btw, if she is arab she is semitic. At some point the phrase should be anti-jewish. If one dislikes the (eg) french it sounds stupid to define him as "anti-european".
the attacks on ilhan omar are ridiculous and unfounded. she stated an objective fact.

also both sides are bribed by the israeli lobby. several high profile democrats are dual american-israeli citizens.
I think he's upset she's contributing to the stereotype of Jews in space, I mean Jews with money buying politicians - like people griping about Soros
isnt soros jewish?
The allegations against Omar are obvious nonsense, but one wonders why it took an attack on an ethnic interest lobby (one of many that exist) to draw criticism from the left, rather than her explicit belief that Israeli Jews should be stripped of independence and forced to become a minority group in a region where genocide against minorities happens every decade or so.
whats wrong with being a minority? i think your inference that arabs would genocide the jews if given the chance is quite a racist remark. truth be told its the arabs that are actively being forced off of their lands to make way for israeli settlements.
Bill Maher said on his show tonight Palestinians are victims, not at the hands of Israel but other Palestinians
of course. those evil palestinians blockading and dropping bombs on themselves.

hh

“i am certainly not looking to be comfortable and i dont want everyone necessarily to feel comfortable around me, i think really the most exciting things happen when people are extremely uncomfortable.” - ilhan omar
the democratic party is changing along with the demographics of the country as we have more equitable representation across different sexual orientations and racial and religious lines.

this is true democracy in action and if it makes the establishment liberals uncomfortable so be it.

hh

Yeah, in the past one could rely on antisemitism being a very appalachian-bathtub-full-of-meth-behind-the-trailer sort of thing.
But suddenly: Social justice womenfolk.
The times they are a changin.
i dont really know what this has to do with the conversation because what ilhan omar said wasnt anti-semitic. she was criticizing hawkish pro-war israeli lobbyists and their policies. isnt this the reason why everyone hated george bush?

hh

Last edited:
Nazis: Get out, Jew, or we will burn your stores and kill you!
Jews: *leave Europe*
Liberals: Look at those antisemitic Jews, they agree with the Nazis!

(The claim the Jews are the real antisemites has to be comparable to the 'controlled insanity' in 1984. Oppose Jew-hatred for political reasons, and blame the Jews for it...)

Let me clean this up for you with a fancy teacher pen

Nazis: Get out, Jews, or we will burn your stores and kill you!
Jews: *leave Europe to create their own ethnostate with a persecuted minority, just like the Nazis tried to do*
Liberals: Look at those antisemitic ? Jews, they agree are emulating with the Nazis!

(The claim the Jews are the real antisemites source?

Let me clean this up for you with a fancy teacher pen

Nazis: Get out, Jews, or we will burn your stores and kill you!

Leftover from when they were all singular. Glad I have you on hand to correct my grammar though.

Jews: *leave Europe to create their own ethnostate with a persecuted minority, just like the Nazis tried to do*

Liberals: Anti-Semites separating Jews from the population to oppress and murder them is wrong, and Jews separating of their own accord in order to protect themselves from the anti-Semites is equally wrong! We need to be even-handed here.

(The claim the Jews are the real antisemites source?

No one explicitly says that; rather, they simply insinuate that they are only against 'certain Jews' and don't have anything against the good ones who merely believe in the Jewish religion - as opposed to, say, controlling the media and the world's finances, promoting sexual immorality, spreading communism, supporting the immigration of inferior races as a bulwark against the whites, and the ever popular oppressing Palestinians.

I mean, you don't think it's a little odd that the actual heirs to Nazism, from France to Russia to North America, agree with you on that last point so strongly?

...and the ever popular oppressing Palestinians.

I mean, you don't think it's a little odd that the actual heirs to Nazism, from France to Russia to North America, agree with you on that last point so strongly?
They also agree that 1+1=2, and for much the same reason.

Liberals: Anti-Semites separating Jews from the population to oppress and murder them is wrong, and Jews separating of their own accord in order to protect themselves from the anti-Semites is equally wrong! We need to be even-handed here.

What a peachy way to describe colonialism.

Yeah, in the past one could rely on antisemitism being a very appalachian-bathtub-full-of-meth-behind-the-trailer sort of thing.
But suddenly: Social justice womenfolk.
The times they are a changin.

It is immensely strange to me that your take-away from that piece is "social justice womenfolk"; could you explain why that is? It seems to me that article reflects a problem with three or four women in particular, not "social justice womenfolk" in general.

1. It's certainly not "three or four women". Even if it weren't systemic (which it is) it would be the leaders of the Women's March, not "three or four women".

Weird, because it seemed to me like almost all the other leaders of the Women's March, beside those three or four women, had beef with those three or four women.

2. It's not a mere "problem". It's the leaders of the Women's March going full Pepe.

It isn't a mere problem? What is it then? A catastrophe? The end of civilization as we know it? If those leaders of the Women's March are as depicted in that article mainly in it to make money for themselves by selling social justice as a brand, then whatever activism they're doing is a dead-end anyway.

3. It is systemic as a function of "intersectional feminist" ideology. Islam ranks in hierarchy of grievances (i.e. muslims are "oppressed" by the straight white "patriarchy").

I actually got exposure to this whole "are Jews PoC" debate a couple of years ago, and watched as a number of groups I'd been part of split into groups where Zionism was regarded as a genocidal position and groups where anti-Zionism was regarded as a genocidal position.

To the extent that people are creating "hierarchies of grievances" or whatever, they are not really being intersectional. And obviously the above demonstrates the problem with politics that doesn't go beyond identity to some extent, if identity is all you have as the basis of your politics then solidarity becomes impossible.

4. Not only is it systemic as a function of "theory", but evident as observable behavior.

The observable behavior of whom, exactly? Name names, please. Preferably not the names already named in that article.

Erm, compare with your feelings about conservative antisemites and their involvement in right of centre organisations, movements etc.

Is the assumption here that I've been dutifully #woke and expressed the appropriate levels of outrage? Why don't you present a specific example of "conservative antisemites and their involvement in right of center organizations, movements, etc"?

No true scotsfeminist.
Of course.

I mean, quite literally, saying "Muslims are more oppressed, oppression of Jews doesn't matter" is the opposite of intersectionality.

My point is that people - presumptively i included you in that - don't think of antisemitism among right-wing ideologes, pundits, think tank dwellers and the like as a mere "problem".

And my question was just, can you give a specific example of this.

Yeah, tell them that.

I have no interest in interacting with "them" for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom