I know she's a Muslim, but...

By definition Christian Zionists believe that the return of Jews to Israel is a necessary prelude to the apocalypse. Even if the Christian Zionists you have encountered did not believe this (which would make them....not actually Christian Zionists) consider that there are, at minimum, tens of millions of these people in the United States, and your dad's "more than a few friends" just may not constitute a representative sample.

An apocalypse, by definition, doesn't only happen in Israel. The apocalypse applies to everyone. Afterwards, there will be a thousand-year reign of Christ on Earth, so it's not clear why should I fault them for hoping for this... or consider it somehow 'antisemitic'.

An apocalypse, by definition, doesn't only happen in Israel. The apocalypse applies to everyone. Afterwards, there will be a thousand-year reign of Christ on Earth, so it's not clear why should I fault them for hoping for this.

I guess because you (Jewish folks) don't follow Jesus. This is pretty important to Christian eschatology. I won't spoil things completely but when Jesus returns, things don't go well for you.

We... convert to Christianity? The best fate possible, according to the Christian religion?

"But have you considered perhaps the Evangelicals want to see Israel drown in a redemptive ocean of blood in a nice way?"

(Charitably, Mouthwash is confusing the quite specific concept of "Christian Zionism" with the broader category of gentiles, who happen to be Christians, who sympathise with the goals of Zionism and/or the State of Israel.)

Last edited:
An apocalypse, by definition, doesn't only happen in Israel. The apocalypse applies to everyone. Afterwards, there will be a thousand-year reign of Christ on Earth, so it's not clear why should I fault them for hoping for this... or consider it somehow 'antisemitic'.

Why 1,000 years? Is that somehow tied into the OT assertion 1,000 years for man is like 1 day to God and is that further tied into the 6 days of creation with a 7th for rest?

edit: I mean tied in with the idea creation happened about 6,000 years ago, or 6 days ago in God's time?

That's a lie. All the Christian Zionists I've known (and my dad has more than a few friends of their ilk) genuinely admire Israel and the Jews, and support us because they see us as a continuation of the biblical Israel.

By definition Christian Zionists believe that the return of Jews to Israel is a necessary prelude to the apocalypse. Even if the Christian Zionists you have encountered did not believe this (which would make them....not actually Christian Zionists) consider that there are, at minimum, tens of millions of these people in the United States, and your dad's "more than a few friends" just may not constitute a representative sample.

I guess because you (Jewish folks) don't follow Jesus. This is pretty important to Christian eschatology. I won't spoil things completely but when Jesus returns, things don't go well for you.

We... convert to Christianity? The best fate possible, according to the Christian religion?

lots of silly sentences from r16 today . 144 000 to survive , making 12 000 from each tribe . Nobody cares what will happen to do rest and you will really wish you were born a Palestinian , because their deaths will be far easier . And you know , good old Americans have long started making their lists of whom should survive , apparently 50 000 as of now and you would probably argue they are like fully Gentiles anyhow .

so how many Jews as of now ? 10 , 12 , 15 ? As in millions ?

"But have you considered perhaps the Evangelicals want to see Israel drown in a redemptive ocean of blood in a nice way?"

That isn't far off from some Jewish predictions about the coming of the Messiah. And it seems to be also what the Messianic Jewish movement believes, so are you arguing that they hate themselves as well?

Why 1,000 years? Is that somehow tied into the OT assertion 1,000 years for man is like 1 day to God and is that further tied into the 6 days of creation with a 7th for rest?

edit: I mean tied in with the idea creation happened about 6,000 years ago, or 6 days ago in God's time?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensationalism

Last edited:
and we naturally see a declaration from Pompeo or whatever that is Trump is saving Israel . ı think we should trust the few forum members whom ı know to live in that country at least for a while for some extra news on how the Israelis are kept behind barbed wire in their country , waiting for their turn of being abused in all sorts of possible things . And no , this is no an allegory for the Palestinian treatment or whatever , but just a thing about how Americans would want that to happen , so that the Israelis could be saved and be grateful to Christians and to convert as their false religion did not help them . Or the news that America trolls the world with images of the Temple to be rebuilt , because Israeli guns and nukes might kill 200 million Arabs , leaving just another 200 .

and of course it won't take a week for the Middle East to decide Golan decision was taken by Trump and in retrun he was saved from the Mueller Report .

AIPAC is literally all white Evangelicals who are just there for the money, but of course they are the loudest when crying about anti-Semitism.

That's a lie. All the Christian Zionists I've known (and my dad has more than a few friends of their ilk) genuinely admire Israel and the Jews, and support us because they see us as a continuation of the biblical Israel.
Christian Zionists support Israel because they want to get rid of Jews in their countries by sending them to Israel. And yeah maybe the Bible. A little bit.

So, I figured I'd use this thread to point out that noted antisemite Ilhan Omar has just endorsed the only Jewish man running for President....weird, that....
Imagine how many people Bernie could call an anti semite if he were the type to use that card. Especially that Mimi Rocca when she said he made her skin crawl.

Top Bottom