I love asphalt! (or the case for Modern Roads in BTS 3.17)

Alerum and I were discussing this very thing last night. It will definitely go into BAT which has been where we have been sticking graphic mods so far. However, I consider this such a must have mod that I may go ahead and put it into BUG. It is, after all, somewhat interface-related. ;)
I wouldn't say NO to including this in BUG. Not strictly interface related and you cannot turn it off, but ... nice to be able to tell the diff between roads and rails without mouse over.

EmperorFool said:
It has been added to BUG. Thanks ricardo!
... but there's no new version of BUG released so far (2.30 is most recent) right? BTW is there a way I can get a notification or something when there's a new version out?

For the semi-technically inclined, you can install a SVN app, and stay up to date with daily changes. TortoiseSVN was recommended, but I'll no longer suggest that one. You cannot turn it off without clicking on a couple of the .exe binaries and changing Admin/System permissions to them to "Disallow All" and then killing its process from TaskManager.

TortoiseSVN - while likely not spyware, is constantly inside (opening/browsing) folders it shouldn't be.
For example it accesses my Users/Application Data/Opera/Opera 9/profile/* (cache files etc) almost as often as Opera does. And there sure as hell aren't any "SVN" folders there.
There is no Service that you can turn off, disabling the Explorer context menus and killing its process didn't stop it from restarting itself. The only way to stop it - aside from uninstalling was the hardblock on the exe files as I noted above.
When I get my system back together next week, will be looking for another SVN utility that isn't so intrusive, and can be turned off when its not needed.

I certainly don't need an SVN program that is doing as much in the background as a FireWall or the bloated AntiVirus apps that I've gotten rid of.

[EDIT, TIP]
Anyone that is having problems getting rid of Trojans/Spyware etc, if you have at least found out where/what it is, the hardblock on the .exe's work wonders. When you reboot again, the system will refuse to run them :)

... but there's no new version of BUG released so far (2.30 is most recent) right? BTW is there a way I can get a notification or something when there's a new version out?

Yes, 2.30 was the last release, but as Bladerstrom pointed out, you can always get the latest code from our SourceForge Subversion repository. However, we are releasing BUG 3.0 within the next week or two.

As for seeing when new releases happen, subscribe to the "Latest Version" thread. You can also subscribe to our svn thread to see as each commit takes place to the SVN repo.

Err... thanks for the replies...

Whats SVN btw? :lol:

EmperorFool said:
As for seeing when new releases happen, subscribe to the "Latest Version" thread. You can also subscribe to our svn thread to see as each commit takes place to the SVN repo.
I think that'll do. But is it just me or is there no latest version thread? I see features & fixes, bug reports, development, requests, questions. Probabely the development thread?

I usually check "Download BUG and BAT Here!" but I wouldn't get a message when it's edited...

Ah, I think people kept posting to that thread, so we dropped it. Your best bet is to actually subscribe to our newrelease mailing list (oops, forgot about that) at SourceForge.

SVN is short for Subversion. It is how we track all of the changes to the files that make up BUG. Using a client like TortoiseSVN for Windows (integrates nicely into the Windows Explorer), you too can get all the latest up-to-date files with a single click after 10 minutes of setup.

There are instructions in that "Download BUG and BAT Here" thread you saw.

Hey I haven't been able to play a complete game in 3.17

can someone tell me how the roads look? do they look worst now? since 3.17 came out?

You know what, now that I look at the art files, the Modern Road texture is still there, it must be a bug on firaxis end. All I had to do was copy the current road graphic to the mod and bam.

I like this new road graphic but it's just too bright. I'm fond of the old texture.

Top Bottom