I love Slavery. But I have a few self-imposed rules about whipping.

The general rule of thumb, though is just to make sure you whip 1 turn before growth or earlier.

OTAKUjbski,

Aren't you always 1 turn before grown or earlier? :confused:

Just kidding :lol: I understand what you mean.

Thanks again for the info. I really appreciate it.

I owe about 92% of what I've learned to these forums. Pass the knowledge on when you're done with it. ;)

You can count on it! :goodjob:

Most of the Civ math I've learned and still use was learned from Roland's posts. I trust his math like a bible.

Wow, thanks for the compliment. :)

Hmm, at least if you're a Christian... ;)

A bit of topic, you started a thread about corporation mechanics a while ago with a first post that contained a lot of interesting information. Especially, the formula that described the maintenance cost of a corporation was interesting. (I tend to like an exact representation of game mechanics.) Do you know whether this formula or other things concerning corporations has changed since the 3.13 patch?

OTAKUjbski,

That's an interesting way to look at it... I like it! I'll have to play around with it a bit. Though this does require a more micromanagement. Not that I'm against micromanagement, not at all. I will need to learn where the growth numbers are. Is there a formula or a table that shows city size vs food needed to grow somewhere?

Thank you, OTAKUjbski, for showing me where I can improve. I appreciate the information and advice. :)

Food needed for growth to next city size:
(20 + city size * 2) * Game speed modifier

Example: city size 12 at epic game speed: (20 + 12 * 2) * 1.5 = 66 food

A fully filled granary stores half the maximum amount of food in storage of the previous city size rounded down.

Example: When the city in the previous example with granary grows to size 13, then it will start at size 13 with 33 out of 69 food (plus any food overflow from growing to the next size).

A granary starts filling from the moment that it has been created at the same speed that the normal food box fills.

Example: The city of the first example builds the granary when at size 12 (a bit late I know) and at 56/66 food. It will only start at 10 out of 69 food when it grows to size 13 because it will only take 10 food to grow to size 13 and thus the granary will be filled with only 10 food when the city grows.

my rule:
except in extreme cases, or when you are trying to cut population on an oversize city, never whip on the first turn of production. (you pay more pop per hammer on the first turn)

Wow, thanks for the compliment. :)

Hmm, at least if you're a Christian... ;)

Nah ... 'bible' was all lowercase. Bible would be a different story. ;)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bible said:
4. (lowercase) any book, reference work, periodical, etc., accepted as authoritative, informative, or reliable: He regarded that particular bird book as the birdwatchers' bible.

But yeah ... your War Academy articles on Unit Maintenance and Civic upkeep were a huge step towards me understanding how to manage an ever-expanding empire.

A bit of topic, you started a thread about corporation mechanics a while ago with a first post that contained a lot of interesting information. Especially, the formula that described the maintenance cost of a corporation was interesting. (I tend to like an exact representation of game mechanics.) Do you know whether this formula or other things concerning corporations has changed since the 3.13 patch?

It has changed, and I haven't gone back to update it yet. Maybe I'll do that tonight after Heroes.

Really? Is that the same as: ?

Marathon: 40 + ( population * 4 ); (i.e., 44, 48, 52, etc.)
Epic: 30 + ( population * 3 ); (i.e., 33, 36, 39, etc.)
Normal: 20 + ( population * 2); (i.e., 22, 24, 26, etc.)
Quick: 10 + ( population * 2); (i.e., 12, 14, 16, etc.)

I never play at Quick, so that may be way off ... looking at it now, I guess it would make more sense to be 10 + ( pop * 1.0 ) ... but I know that isn't right. :confused:

I have used it for population reduction for happyness, but I don't often as abusing it seems to create problems of its own.

Really? Is that the same as: ?

Marathon: 40 + ( population * 4 ); (i.e., 44, 48, 52, etc.)
Epic: 30 + ( population * 3 ); (i.e., 33, 36, 39, etc.)
Normal: 20 + ( population * 2); (i.e., 22, 24, 26, etc.)
Quick: 10 + ( population * 2); (i.e., 12, 14, 16, etc.)​

No, it isn't the same. Only at normal and epic speed, it is the same.

The game speed modifiers are:
Quick: 0.67
Normal: 1.00
Epic: 1.50
Marathon: 3.00

It has changed, and I haven't gone back to update it yet. Maybe I'll do that tonight after Heroes.

I know that the income from the headquarters has changed and that inflation has changed, but are you also saying that the cost formula has changed? I'm very interested, but have fun watching Heroes. It's a great series.

I know that the income from the headquarters has changed and that inflation has changed, but are you also saying that the cost formula has changed? I'm very interested, but have fun watching Heroes. It's a great series.

For those of you who are interested:

Corporate Maintenance Explained

The formula is the same as it was before, but the base cost has been reduced by 33% in 3.13.

Also, Inflation has been factored into the gross cost in such a way as to completely negate the effects of inflation on Corporate Fees.

Top Bottom