I Love the Sky

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Chazumi, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Chazumi

Chazumi Trained& Motivated Killer

Being human I can only perceive what my eyes and brain perceive my reality to be. Of those things, I believe the sky to be the most intrinsic element of human reality in the sense that it sets all moods of every human being. Some love sunny days, glorious golden light that illuminates everything, and some are influenced by stormy, lighting and thunderous applause of the atmosphere.

I propose now a tribute to the sky, earth's most changing element, and most ever changing element to the human condition:

TO THE SKY!!! : :beer:

A typical west coast plains or mountainous scenary, too many blue skies, too many clouds :p

Perhaps realistic more to those of us that live in places of paradise, rainforested, islander type realities, pretty to the rest of us, although unrealistic to most of us.

What really gets my engine revving, STORMS!! Nothing beats a Wednesday afternoon filled with rainclouds, storms, thunder, and lightning, if I had my way, every day would be filled with the fury of the gods! :goodjob:

And again another storm, perhaps I find these so desireable as my mom used to take me outside and we would watch the storms together. For some reason these put me in good moods. Moms are so great :D

Please post your pictures of the sky, and how it affects your mood.

2. Bigfoot3814

Bigfoot3814 Deity

I like the sky too. On my way back home on a grayhound bus, I just looked up at the sky and imagined shapes and images in the clouds. It was great. Who needs an ipod? Not me! :goodjob:

3. -Tomasz-

-Tomasz- Explorer

Sky is an initiation, space is the hardcore part. Consider infinity

I agree that sky can be very captivating. Today we had a first real storm, at my campus, since the beginning of the year, and it was incredible. The best part is the fresh air , and the heavy clouds full of thunders and lightnings.

4. Old Dog

Old Dog learning new tricks

A thread about the sky, what someone perceives, and a Hitler avatar. Why do I suspect this has some kind of hidden relation to the A.H. quote: “Anyone who sees and paints a sky green and fields blue ought to be sterilized.” :hmm:

5. Eran of Arcadia

Eran of Arcadia Stormin' Mormon Retired Moderator

The Sunshine and Lettuce Capital of the World
  6. Bigfoot3814

Bigfoot3814 Deity

You're not farmiliar with Mr. Chazumi quite yet.

7. bhsup

bhsup Deity

I know it's not the most amazing looking photo, but it was as I was driving home about a week ago from work. The camera lightened up the clouds quitea bit as it really looked like I was driving towards this black gaping maw. I was in a torrential downpour about 10 miles down the road after taking this.

8. Bill3000

Bill3000 OOOH NOOOOOOO! Supporter

The sky has not been Optimized yet.

9. CaptainF

CaptainF The Professional Poster

To my Oregonian eyes, that flat, featureless horizon is so strange.

Where are the damn mountains, maybe even a hill here or there?:eek:

10. bhsup

bhsup Deity

It's plains and rolling hills towards the ozarks. Nothing massive, but it still is far superior to western Kansas and eastern Colorado. My house (thank you MS Streets & Trips w/GPS) sits at about 860 feet. My work 30 miles north sits at about 1000 feet, so not a huge difference.

11. Synsensa

Synsensa Especially the lies. Retired Moderator

Too flat! Here, having steep hills is the most common thing to travel on...

12. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

This photo reminds me of Highway #2 (I refuse to call it the ridiculous new name uncle Ralph gave it). This highway is the main one that runs north-south in the province of Alberta, linking the major cities. However, the flat parts are interspersed with rolling foothills and ancient glacial-era land features.

I love being in the Rocky Mountains, but the open skies of Alberta are wonderful, too -- especially the deep blues of autumn and the stormy clouds any time of year. To me, it all says "home." :)

13. CaptainF

CaptainF The Professional Poster

Haha, touché my Missourian compatriot!:D

Not to be sarcastic, but I'm about a 20 minute drive from this:

Spoiler :

That's Mary's Peak near where I live, and it's the tallest mountain in the Oregon coast range. Around 4,101 feet tall. Nothing too awesome in the grand scheme of things, but a nice perk.:)

I guess when I see mountains on the horizon it's a healthy reminder that I live on a planet as opposed to a pancake. No offense meant at all.:cool:

14. Bozo Erectus

Bozo Erectus Master Baker

15. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Silly furry

16. DNK

DNK Member

NO SKY FOR YOU!

17. gangleri2001

gangleri2001 Garbage day!!!

Sky should be forbidden. All that blue is nothing but a thread.

18. DNK

DNK Member

The sky is now forbidden. Didn't you see the barbed wire and the no trespassing signs?