I LOVE this game, don't you? Guess what's my reason...

"In Civ 4, it's time consuming and at Noble, one always loses if you don't have a 10:1 ratio in terms of army size"

WHAT??? this is so untrue lol...

I challenge you to show me a way to LOSE at Civ4 Noble... I mean the AI are barely doing anything,... it's a walk in the park... it's ridiculous how easy it is...

As for Civ5... they really dumbed the thing down... no more details that's for sure... I just finished my second and likely last game of Civ5... Too simple... at each one of the 4 previous civilization it took me a while before I could say I mastered and understood everything... Civ5??? probably took me 10 hours

what a disapointment...

Only Lakart comes very close to the answer.

I declared war on the Arabs and Copenhagen. They responded with invasions, details skipped.

I managed to fight and kill enemies. To get an Archer, pay for it. Money builds up fast. Bought tiles is another great one. By the time I was posting this, I was about to invade Copenhagen.

All in all, many kills I have had. A game is for entertainment, not for being abated. In Civ 4, it's time consuming and at Noble, one always loses if you don't have a 10:1 ratio in terms of army size. Well...I prefer Civ 5 the way it is.

Definitely the designer takes on the idea of making it simpler has won the heart of many players this time round.
Glad I came to the thread late, so I didn't have to guess. So essentially, you're happy that you can buy stuff with gold now: it's a more useful system. One thing you didn't consider is that the AI in CiV is quite a bit worse than CivIV, so that is why you were able to do well with such a weak force: the AI honestly don't know tactics from a nail in their butt. Once that is retooled, I think you'll find it'll take more than gold to succeed.

So just to check, the op's point was that you can defend yourself with a small army. To be frank mate you just got lucky, my first game ended up with me being completley trumped on noble, because i completley neglected my military, and when the attacks started it was simply too late.

Please do not accuse me of what I haven't done for Christ sake! I've absolutely no intentions to make this a troll.

BTW, recently, on many forums, there are full of offensive comments.

I feel good about this game, I write up here just for those who want to have an objective discussions. Discussions creates a lively environment. Just because it is not what things add to that you like and you say this is a troll. Be fair please!

If I don't feel Civ 4 is MCOT, then I will just go away and stay away from Civ 4 forum. In fact, I won't even discuss what I don't like in any forums.

Civ 5 is simpler and that's for another group of audience. It also brings more people who has no experience in Civilization games like myself to the games, I believe this is a marketing effort. No game company wants to invent a game which no body likes.

I am certain Civ 5 will be another success. For hard core gamers, why not keep Civ 4 in your game disk along with Civ 5. When you are tired and just want to have some great fun for an hour or two, go for Civ 5. If you have lots of time to spare, and in the mood of using the brain, go to Civ 4, it squeezes every drop of you brain juice to lubricate your thinking to take up the challenges of Civ 4, that's not for me I have had already too much going on in my mind and my plate is always full.

Anyway, keep up with Civ 5, it's a great great new game.

Well I guess not many of you are from muslim countries or from scandinavia.

The reason here is obvious, and it has nothing to do with Civ V.

Some danish guy made a caricature of the prophet Mohammed. Copenhagen is the captial of Denmark, btw.

The reason why he loves the game is because he, as a muslim state, gets to attack Copenhagen and get revenge.

Here is the caricature:

Spoiler :

And here was the response:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Hahaha. I never caught on to that. It would've been so awesome if the poster actually was Islamic.

This became obvious days ago.

The people who like it tend to like it because it is a simplified war game.

The people that don't like it were hoping for, and expecting, a Civ game.

This became obvious days ago.

The people who like it tend to like it because it is a simplified war game.

The people that don't like it were hoping for, and expecting, a Civ game.

ofcourse. Cause SODs are a really tricky thing aren't they? :) and squares >>>>> hexagons right?

So if in civ4 the AI would be so dumb to let you do anything and still win, you would prefer it too?

Top Bottom