I love this mod, BUT...! Anyone else have this problem? Can anyone help?

DVS

El Presidente
Does anyone else seem to have the problem that computer controlled civs do not engage in battle?

When you guys play this mod, do the AI nations fight with ground troops? For me, all they do is use their air forces.

This is an unreal mod, exactly what I've been looking for, but I start WWII as the Nazi's, and seem to be the only one sending units into enemy territory. I played through 1950, and maybe one city changed hands besides the ones I took (with almost the entire world at war) I'm marching in to the USSR and they're really not sending any units to fight back. I can see that other civs have units they could be sending to fight, but they're keeping them inside their borders, despite being at war with neighboring states.

Has anyone else had this problem? It's driving me crazy. Is there any fix for it? I've also used andyterry's XX mod and it didn't seem to have this problem. Please help if possible! This would be a perfect mod if it weren't for this issue.

Anyone? Someone must have fixed this problem, help a brother out.

This is a (amazing) WWII mod. How are you guys fighting WWII without anyone sending troops into enemy territory? What am I missing here.

Really? I invaded the USSR and they have opened an armored can of whoop-arse on me like nobody's business. Its kind of unpleasant.... <g>. But you are right, the other civs don't do much. Stalin on the other hand, is attacking with multiple stacks of combined arms and its ugly!

hmm, strange. What level are you playing on? (monarch, prince, etc). I'm on Deity.

Yea I got this same issue. Im the only one in war. All the AI does is stack a lot army in their major cities and wait. It is a great mod and I hope this issue is resolved. WW2 should be bloody ass battles, hell lotta infantry, bunkers, artilery bombarding the . .. .. .. . outta everything.

I have also this same issues - lazy ai is what bugs me most it runs war, it ocnquers cities - but it makes very slow and keep defending rather than attacking.

Castor_Troy works on improving the AI - he works on it's own Mod Addon wich would be available soon :). Some parts will be used in next update - i don't know how much change to gameplay and ai intelligence it will bring (i've recieved beta yesterday) but it'll be interesting position.

About AI - there's no good solution right now - perhaps you could try experimenting with settings in InitsInfos.xml on your own. You can try to wait for Castor_Troy official mod addon or for update (but i don't promis much in this case)

In the future I'm courious how mod would run on BTS - they say it has a lot improved ai in comparison to warlords - i'll see if it would work fine for 1939 mod.

I have got the same problem, that the AI keeps most of its units within their cities, although they are at war with multiple nations! In the last game only Stalin send some troops!
Also the AI didn´t use artillery to lower city-defense, and kept a stack of tanks near an enemy city for around 30 turns! Really strange, but in general one of the BEST mods for civ4!
Can´t wait for BTS-version!

Thank you :)
It seems that ranged bombardment has some bug :( probably we would make first version under bts without it.

Well, WWII was won through air superiority. Without the RAF and the airbombings on German factories, we well might have lost.

Top Bottom