1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

I managed to win all 4 victory conditions on the same turn.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Softly, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Softly

Softly Chieftain

https://imgur.com/a/EchiBAQ#7seygR2

Gorgo, Pangaea, Immortal, AI+ but no other game play changing mods. I love to give myself little challenges to keep the game fresh and interesting and this is something I’ve wanted to try for a while. I wanted to try a versatile civ who has bonuses to all the victory types and I settled on Gorgo. The extra wildcard was crucial when I was being pulled in 4 different directions constantly, and I find that going a culture heavy civ can translate easily (and more importantly early) into all four victory types. Had a good starting location and got lucky there were no religious civs but honestly with Greece you can just run the Revelation policy card anyways. More specifics in the imgur link.

2. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Impressive! Now you need to do it all on the last turn of the game to make it complete :crazyeye::mischief::lol:

3. Softly

Softly Chieftain

Science and Conquest will be easy. Religion would be rough but you could just keep one holy site city with a foreign religion and use foreign missionaries from stopping religious victory. Culture on the other hand would be a huge pain.

4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Can't see how you would delay culture to the last turn of the game. You're best bet would be to change the turn limit to around 1900 AD or something. But that seems arbitrary. 4 victory conditions on the same turn is impressive. Would be cool if there was an achievement for that.

5. Kryxal

Kryxal Chieftain

If you want to look at it that way, when you win IS the last turn of the game...

Banazir864 likes this.
  6. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

Timing a culture victory to a specific turn would be nearly impossible, I think.

7. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Congratulations, @Softly !

What you have accomplished is truly an achievement.

If Steam achievements were tiered like PlayStation trophies, your accomplishment would be a Gold Trophy (Platinum Trophies are generally awarded for completing all lower-tier trophies).

8. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Chieftain

Cultural Victory is the hardest to control.

But if you are in a dominant winning position, you can delay your Domination victory (hold off on taking the final city), Religious victory (have Apostles ready on hand to instantly convert as many cities as you need), and Science victory (keep production of your final space race project at 1 turn) until you are ready to win via Cultural victory.

In addition, you can keep the Cultural tourism output relatively low and then explode in one turn (such as by adopting all the +% tourism cards, getting open borders, using Great People that enhance tourism, and building extra wonders).

So it's tricky but certainly do-able.

9. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

It's easier if you can completely wipe out the strongest culture and they're much higher than anyone else. That way you'll automatically win if it happens.

10. Softly

Softly Chieftain

Yea I had to sleep all of my GWAM until turn 225 or so because I was afraid I would win culture too quickly. This really slowed down my victory times as I could have gotten Globalization (and the +10% science/city state card) probably 20-30 turns earlier if I just used my GWAM as I got them. I also delayed computers until as late as possible.

11. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Chieftain

Yeah, when I was trying to get the Bromance achievement, I had to handicap myself to ensure I didn't win Cultural Victory too early. In 2 or 3 prior games, I kept winning Cultural Victories before I even reached Alliance Level 2. So my final time, I just stockpiled all my Great Writers, Artists, and Musicians until the end when I was close to getting the Level 3 Alliance.