I miss the Civ 2 advisors

Gentoo

Chieftain
Build barracks sire. Else where shall our soldiers rest their mighty lances?

Shall we betray our allies Sire? Or mend our relations and then betray our allies?

BUILD CITY WALLS!

Trade Sir. This is you. This is a clue. Get a clue. Discovery Trade!

{ Bad Elvis Impression}

I'm off to grease my abacus.

Having seen this video... so do I! I'd forgotten how fun and entertaining they were. Especially when you were in anarchy between governments.

I loved them. But would you really use them now? Or disable them after the first game?

I loved them. But would you really use them now? Or disable them after the first game?

Would it really matter? It would be great for advertising and give the game some character, which i it is sorely missing. Even if you turned it off after one or two games, it'd still be a lot of fun.

Yes! Bring them back please.

Even after you know all their advices and don't need them, they could be of some use. In Civ II they also filled the role of the "demographics" screen, telling you where you stood in science race and other areas compared to other Civs.

They could still do that. Just by opening the "Council" menu and looking at their faces, we would see if they're happy or not and have an idea, at a glance, of where we stand compared to other Civs. Demographics screen was too precise I'm glad it's out, but they could be perfect for that.

Actually they didn't need to be disabled because they were optional in civ2, you could always refuse to 'attend a council' whenever one was coming up (I think every 40 turns or something like that).

Definitely would be great if they'd made a comeback, loved those guys! Liked listening to them although usually not really paying heed to their advice, they made me feel like it's an empire I'm running, not just playing a solo game.
Turn them off or on, have them be your source of info in the early eras (especially).
I'd add RELIGION/SPIRITUAL Leader to the 5 who were there in CIVILIZATION II, modernize them all up (to today's standards), and bring your CIVILIZATION COUNCIL BACK! (it'd make for a more fun game)

I love them.. I still use them in every Civ2 game I play. I hope that one day they get turned back on in ToT via ToTPP similar to how the throne room & city view were brought back.

I've actually working on replacing the council video advisors for my Heroes of Might & Magic 2 Civ2 mod so it's been a great joy listening to all their arguments, one liners and double on tondre lol!
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-of-might-and-magic.6127/page-7#post-16296015

I miss the Civ 2 advisors, too. They are marvelous. May be there will be a time they can be added to C3C.

I never played civ2 to know how this advisor works, but in Civ 5 there is four advisors, civ 6 has one. But both have suggestion of what to search next focus in military, diplomacy, money and science

Top Bottom