1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I miss the Civ 2 advisors

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Gentoo, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Gentoo

Gentoo Chieftain

Build barracks sire. Else where shall our soldiers rest their mighty lances?

Shall we betray our allies Sire? Or mend our relations and then betray our allies?

BUILD CITY WALLS!

Trade Sir. This is you. This is a clue. Get a clue. Discovery Trade!

{ Bad Elvis Impression}

I'm off to grease my abacus.

daft, Oregano and Siptah like this.
  2. Beorhtric

Beorhtric Chieftain

Having seen this video... so do I! I'd forgotten how fun and entertaining they were. Especially when you were in anarchy between governments.

3. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I loved them. But would you really use them now? Or disable them after the first game?

4. Gentoo

Gentoo Chieftain

Would it really matter? It would be great for advertising and give the game some character, which i it is sorely missing. Even if you turned it off after one or two games, it'd still be a lot of fun.

daft likes this.
  5. Oregano

Oregano Freelance illustrator

HAHA - Yes! They were very funny! I got the biggest kick out of them at the time.

6. Namaspamus

Namaspamus Warlord

Yes! Bring them back please.

Even after you know all their advices and don't need them, they could be of some use. In Civ II they also filled the role of the "demographics" screen, telling you where you stood in science race and other areas compared to other Civs.

They could still do that. Just by opening the "Council" menu and looking at their faces, we would see if they're happy or not and have an idea, at a glance, of where we stand compared to other Civs. Demographics screen was too precise I'm glad it's out, but they could be perfect for that.

daft likes this.
  7. stoferb

stoferb Prince

Actually they didn't need to be disabled because they were optional in civ2, you could always refuse to 'attend a council' whenever one was coming up (I think every 40 turns or something like that).

daft likes this.
  8. daft

daft The fargone

Definitely would be great if they'd made a comeback, loved those guys! Liked listening to them although usually not really paying heed to their advice, they made me feel like it's an empire I'm running, not just playing a solo game.
    Turn them off or on, have them be your source of info in the early eras (especially).
    I'd add RELIGION/SPIRITUAL Leader to the 5 who were there in CIVILIZATION II, modernize them all up (to today's standards), and bring your CIVILIZATION COUNCIL BACK! (it'd make for a more fun game)

9. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

definitely better and more serious than Cleo is

I like

"the country runs well excellency but extra taxes hurt no-one"