1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I miss the end of game summary

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by b.orchid, Nov 29, 2010.

1. b.orchid

b.orchid Chieftain

Remember that summary in Civ IV that comes up at the end of your game with the map and the coloured blobs and the graphs? I wish there was something like that in Civ 5, why did they remove it!? Having just a static image as the only reward for winning the game feels a little cheap to me. :( I always enjoyed watching the summary and looking at the charts as a bit of a debrief after a long game - it was a nice way of reliving everything that had happened. I hope they include it in an expansion or something.

Is there already a mod that had addressed this?

2. Yzman

Yzman Deity

I miss the replay function that would show all of the cities and major events in the game.

3. LDiCesare

LDiCesare Deity

There is a replay file generated, but the game doesn't read it. Look for it in the forums, it's possible to browse it and see it.

4. GIDS888

GIDS888 King

Game doesn't read it. Says it all.

I had to play junior freakin programer just to get it to save mod games. How Beta is that?

I used to be an utter Civ junkie. Now I actually stop mid game and do other stuff. I discovered there's weather on a Sunday recently - go figure.

If I wanted to play Panzer General I'd go back to 1995 and play - Panzer General.

5. blind biker

blind biker King

<snip> - Civ without replay is like... I dunno, complete it yourself, but it's really lacking.

Main reason I didn't like Civ II.

Moderator Action: Watch your language. Profanity is not allowed on this forum.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

6. I_qua_I

I_qua_I Prince

This is one of my more major complaints as well. Not only is it really interesting (and fun!) to see how your civilization progressed but you get to finally see what was going on under all that fog on the other side of the world before you had an in-game chance to 'discover' it.

The other day I started up a huge earth-map game only to quit midgame (turns were starting to take too long.) I really did want to see how everyone else was faring though and would have loved to be able to view a post-game summary.

I really hope it gets put back in.

7. b.orchid

b.orchid Chieftain

Wow really?! Seems very sloppy to not include it.:(

8. b.orchid

b.orchid Chieftain

Yeah me too. The fact it wasn't included, or was half done (by the sounds of the earlier posts) but not included with the final game really gets to me..

9. charon2112

charon2112 King

I totally agree. I miss the victory movies from Civ IV...

10. 8rad

8rad Chieftain

Its a good thing if you ask me! Being compared to Dan Quayle always made me angry!:mad:

Just another thing that added flavor to the franchise tossed out for no good reason.:confused:

11. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Most likely forgotten, not tossed out. Otherwise why generate a replay file to begin with?

12. b.orchid

b.orchid Chieftain

Yeah that's another thing i think is missing. Maybe they just ran out of time to put all these nice finishing touches on it...

13. LDiCesare

LDiCesare Deity

I think they just didn't have time to iron it out and finish it and have everything in place for it to work give or take a few bugs. I think it should appear in a patch at some point.

14. b.orchid

b.orchid Chieftain

well here's hoping!

15. Matjillam

Matjillam Warlord

I REALLY hope they include it. It really makes 50 % of the game for me. Seriously

16. b.orchid

b.orchid Chieftain

Same. ;) I find it really awkward when the game ends. It's always like.. "That's it?" I want to relive the history I just created at least once!