I miss the end of game summary

b.orchid

Chieftain
Remember that summary in Civ IV that comes up at the end of your game with the map and the coloured blobs and the graphs? I wish there was something like that in Civ 5, why did they remove it!? Having just a static image as the only reward for winning the game feels a little cheap to me. :( I always enjoyed watching the summary and looking at the charts as a bit of a debrief after a long game - it was a nice way of reliving everything that had happened. I hope they include it in an expansion or something.

Is there already a mod that had addressed this?

There is a replay file generated, but the game doesn't read it. Look for it in the forums, it's possible to browse it and see it.

Game doesn't read it. Says it all.

I had to play junior freakin programer just to get it to save mod games. How Beta is that?

I used to be an utter Civ junkie. Now I actually stop mid game and do other stuff. I discovered there's weather on a Sunday recently - go figure.

If I wanted to play Panzer General I'd go back to 1995 and play - Panzer General.

This is one of my more major complaints as well. Not only is it really interesting (and fun!) to see how your civilization progressed but you get to finally see what was going on under all that fog on the other side of the world before you had an in-game chance to 'discover' it.

The other day I started up a huge earth-map game only to quit midgame (turns were starting to take too long.) I really did want to see how everyone else was faring though and would have loved to be able to view a post-game summary.

I really hope it gets put back in.

This is one of my more major complaints as well. Not only is it really interesting (and fun!) to see how your civilization progressed but you get to finally see what was going on under all that fog on the other side of the world before you had an in-game chance to 'discover' it.

The other day I started up a huge earth-map game only to quit midgame (turns were starting to take too long.) I really did want to see how everyone else was faring though and would have loved to be able to view a post-game summary.

I really hope it gets put back in.

Yeah me too. The fact it wasn't included, or was half done (by the sounds of the earlier posts) but not included with the final game really gets to me..

I totally agree. I miss the victory movies from Civ IV...

Remember that summary in Civ IV that comes up at the end of your game with the map and the coloured blobs and the graphs? I wish there was something like that in Civ 5, why did they remove it!? Having just a static image as the only reward for winning the game feels a little cheap to me. :( I always enjoyed watching the summary and looking at the charts as a bit of a debrief after a long game - it was a nice way of reliving everything that had happened. I hope they include it in an expansion or something.

Is there already a mod that had addressed this?

Its a good thing if you ask me! Being compared to Dan Quayle always made me angry!:mad:

Just another thing that added flavor to the franchise tossed out for no good reason.:confused:

Its a good thing if you ask me! Being compared to Dan Quayle always made me angry!:mad:

Just another thing that added flavor to the franchise tossed out for no good reason.:confused:

Most likely forgotten, not tossed out. Otherwise why generate a replay file to begin with?

I think they just didn't have time to iron it out and finish it and have everything in place for it to work give or take a few bugs. I think it should appear in a patch at some point.

I REALLY hope they include it. It really makes 50 % of the game for me. Seriously

Top Bottom